Recovery Meal

We approach the tent the Lee family had been working in for the Dragon's feeding, and Mr and Mrs Lee were both standing outside their arms crossed not looking happy. My new body guard steps out of the tent with Kiko, and she looks very angry as well. The body guard walks over to Seamus who sets the human down and the man grabs the human by his body armor. Mr Lee looks to his wife and she walks over to where I am and tells my father. "Take her to the tent behind here I have a few people waiting to help her into a change of clothing." The body guard clears his throat, "sorry but the colors of this Hanfu are meant for after her joining ceremony so it isn't proper but it is clean and undamaged."

That had my curiosity, did that mean it was in the same colors as Seamus' kilt was? Seamus goes to follow my father tot he tent and Emerald holds up a hand. "I wouldn't follow, I'm certain the Smaten women are in there and they will not think it correct for you to be in there while they help her clean up and get dressed again." Seamus goes to say something and you can here a shrill voice come out of the tent.

"Not he will not be permitted in here they aren't bonded yet, he's not going to watch her get dressed it's not appropriate." Comes Mrs Smaten's voice as she opens the tent flap to allow my father to walk in. She points to a spot on the floor of the tent, "lie there and we'll slowly pull her off your back then you can go out and we'll give her time to change back."

My father does what she asked of him and he waits patiently while the women under Heather's careful eye to slide me off of my father's back. It was not an easy process and took time as 'specials' do tend to be larger than standard shifters so my body mass was higher than a Saber of a normal shifter type might be. They carefully drag me onto a large cushion that wasn't designed for my size, more appropriate for a human. Then Mrs Smaten gives my father a look, who very quickly gets the idea and leaves the tent swiftly.

Emerald comes in and stands next to Heather, "we're going to have to watch her shift to make sure she can shift back. I really didn't want her in this form at all right now, she needs rest but we also know she's not going to do that to make sure that everyone see's she is alright." Emerald then looks down at me, "The kids are fine Greg was asleep the whole time you were gone from over doing it with his powers. They're waiting to see you, don't push yourself shifting. This will probably be hard with how weak you are."

It tool me over twenty minutes to change back to human, and I lay their panting from the strain of shifting in my weakened state. Emerald checks my vitals and Heather looks at me with whatever she uses to observe health in her. They look at each other and Heather comments, "I see why you weren't happy about letting her shift to begin with." She looks down at me, "you won't be walking for a week or more with how weak you are. You need to take it easy, I know you plan to enjoy the festival. If you are doing that Seamus will have to carry you around, and I imagine Mr Lee will be shoving food into you. I strongly suggest you let him."

I wonder if Heather was scared of Mr Lee as well as Emerald is, "oh I tend to let him do what he wants if he's suggesting it. I learned as a child that it's just easier to let him have his way." The two women nod their heads, then Emerald turns to the women waiting to help me clean up and get dressed. "Alright, she's all you're just remember she is in a weak state so go a bit gentle."

While cleaning me up Mrs Smaten points out that I will be staying with them till one of the medical people say it's safe for me to head home. Not that I could really complain about it, they find a way to comb out my hair without washing it saying that will be dealt with later. I t was good to have the grit from the table and the thorns that I had to walk through with those mages removed from my skin. One does not walk around the woods here without some heavy clothes because otherwise you might be bleeding from black berry or wild rose bushes. Those people obviously not use to being in the woods had a tendency to just walk straight though the brambles.