Return to the Party

We traverse the woodland paths since my uncle and father were both still in their animal forms and when we were a mile away from town, and we can hear the sounds of happy activity. Emerald holds up a hand and gives me a once over and I feel decidedly embarrassed at the blood and dirt soaked clothes. She gives me an apologetic look, "while I do not think it is good for her to shift forms right now with that blood loss. We can't have her go in there in those clothes or we might have some upset children." Before she continues she gives Seamus a look, "do you honestly think you can carry her in her other form for over a mile?"

Seamus looks down at me in his arms and I feel his arms tighten around me at the idea of setting me on the ground. "I really want to, but no I do not think I can do so safely. How long do you think it is safe for her to be in her other form?" Emerald gets a very serious look on her face, "honestly? None, but I know her mind would not be able to handle the children getting upset over her being obviously hurt."

I feel him grip me tighter as Maahes speaks, "I can carry her. You'll have to 'drape' her along my back and then you'll have to carry this human." Maahes gives Seamus a look, "recalling his punishment is Kiko's." Seamus growls at the human but nods, the human wisely doesn't make a sound. After gripping me one more time Seamus very gently sets me on the ground and I wobble a moment Seamus gripping my shoulder with a worried look on his face as I grip his arm for support.

I shift forms and it takes time, which for a 'special' shifter is very rare as we aren't of two minds our mind just sees it as if we were changing clothes. I fall as soon as I have four feet and Emerald rushes up to check on me slapping Seamus hand away giving him a dominant look as if she needed to remind him that he agreed to this.

She looks me over quickly, my guess is to avoid having to poke at the wolf instincts again. "This is about what I had expected, she won't really be able to stand. So Maahes walk very carefully, or she might slide off. Keeping her other form will drain her energy faster than in human form. She does not have a great deal of life energy left, it is replenishing, but very slowly. This won't kill her, for the time she'll need to be like this but it's not doing her any favors either."

My father nods his head as Lobo and Emerald walk over to his head where he sets the human down and Lobo gives a low growl, causing the human to pee on himself. Emerald comments, "now we'll have to get Seamus a shower when we return to wash that stench off of him, thanks old long in the tooth." Lobo chuckles, "come on you wanted to growl at him too." She chuckles and pats Lobo's head, "you're right. However I would have waited till after we got to town first." Lobo give a wolfish shrug, "I don't want him to forget my thoughts of him."

Seamus very carefully lifts me under my fore legs and my rear ones, over attempting to not cause discomfort as he lays me across my father's back. He carefully tucks my legs in trying to make it easier on me. On the plus side not having my father's tail means I am not messing up his balance as he moves but it would probably help me stabilize. Maahes turns his head, do you think you can hang on? I respond with, I think so dad; try to not jar me though. Talking required to much energy at that moment, and Seamus chuckles. Then he reaches out and grabs the human by his body armor and holds him away from his body like the man was something distasteful. Well truth be told he was.

Maahes walks very carefully checking on me every few steps, I mentally shake my head over the 'fussiness' of this treatment. I did know I could not walk on my own, but I couldn't let the kids in the town see me in bloody clothes. That might hurt them for the rest of their lives.

The sound of the joyous voices gets louder as we reach the edge of the forest, it was almost as if the couple hours previous hadn't occurred. A raccoon approaches warily and bows to my father, he chitters a bit and my father responds. "good please inform Mr Lee we need a change of clothes for my daughter and that the one who harmed Opal is with us for Kiko's judgment."