After the Wedding

The ceremony breaks up and the young woman, June included head into the kitchen with Mr Lee's family to finish setting up the meal. The young men were assigned to removing the seating and setting up the tables. I rush to take the gown off with the other women, we aren't expected to spend any time wearing the gowns after the ceremony. Now Doug and Brenda have to spend the next hour taking pictures with anyone who wanted pictures, from what I had heard they were grabbing Seamus for a few pictures as well.

I get into my guest room and I yank the gown off as quickly as I can placing it carefully in the garment bag that will be picked up later. I change into a soft green loose skirt and spring top and head back into the kitchen in time to hear Rita ask a question. "What was going on at the end there I didn't hear anything and everyone was acting like they heard something at the end." I hear a collective silence from the room as I enter it. The woman looks around puzzled and she says, "what? Did I say something odd?"

I shake my head noting that the family Elders weren't in the room, "yes Rita you said something odd. Did you not hear the Goddess speak after they gave their oaths?" The older woman looks confused, "well the old man said their union was blessed like all say. Did something else happen?" I wave at one of the girls who hands me a glass of wine that I drink quickly. Then I lever the woman a look, "yes something else happened. The Goddess spoke and blessed their joining, without stating what that blessing will be. Then when she finished speaking everyone felt hope and a feeling of togetherness."

The woman looks confused, "what are you talking about? I have never believed in that whole Goddess garbage." The room goes silent for the second time, "you should have been born a cougar and not a raccoon. Only a cougar would believe something so stupid as the Goddess not existing, and they have a reason for their disbelief. Your people tend to have the most blessings from the goddess because they accept the blessings from her. The wolves however ignore the mountain of blessing they have received due to arrogance which is your problem. You are arrogant."

The woman looks insulted as Doug and Brenda walk into the kitchen looking angry that the woman had me angry. Brenda looks furious as she asks, "what did she say to you Nancy?" Her mother looks infuriated and I turn my head to Brenda making sure to glare at the teens to get back to work. "Nothing much Brenda, her and your father never heard the Goddess speak. Though I can't say that it surprises me terribly. Neither of them seem to be reasonable people, and it frankly does not surprise me that they blocked their connection to the Goddess."

Rita looks surprised, "what are you talking about?" Seamus walks in now wearing a suit instead of the armor, but still wearing the kilt. "What she is talking about woman is that like Mates have a connection to some extent, every shifters have a connection to the Goddess provided you have not shut it down yourself. I wonder if that happened when you were younger because you have had an issue with family over your own importance."

Right then the old bear walks into the kitchen, "I could not have said it better old man. Young lady, you closed yourself off from the light of our Great Lady. I would guess you never heard the blessing at your own Mating ceremony?" Rita shakes her head and the old man comments, "and you did not wonder how you received a blessing of triplets? That is a wonderful blessing, and for our people it is so rare it must be Goddess born."

Brenda pauses and then comments, "did you know that at the end of the ceremony June was crying? That is because the Goddess spoke to her about how disappointed she was in her, and how if she had not lost her Mate she would have had a large loving family. So we now know what my sister really wanted and maybe her Pack can fix her and one day she can spend time playing with her nieces and nephews."

With that Doug and Brenda walk out tot eh back yard where they start talking with people and Sally sneaks in and leads Brenda's mother out. The old man turns to me and Seamus, "so when am I coming out for you two?" I blush and Seamus scratches the back of his neck, "um well that's is up to her Sir. The old man chuckles and we all head out to the long night of celebrating.