Possibilities

While attending the wedding had been a fun respite, and having sent the pair off to a 'honeymoon' cabin in the bear shifter territory. They were expected to remain there for a whole month, it was a very primitive cabin. The couple was expected to spend the month gathering food the, 'natural' way during their stay. Once every few days one of the bears will wander over to check and make sure they have enough to eat. Though, raccoon's are pretty good a foraging on their own.

Zebediah was annoyed that he had to remain behind during the wedding, he was very curious about them he had stated that the Angelus realm didn't have any concept of a 'pairing' ceremony. Seems the Angelus don't form long term bonds, which I found very odd as from what Seamus was telling me the Demon species does have something like a structured bonding 'program'. The Demons have a governmental branch that two people who wish to spend time together long term and maybe have offspring have to apply for a permit after they check the compatibility for the potential offspring. Then the government agency assigns a structured amount of time they are allowed to share accommodations. This however does not connect their 'finances', they are still expected to do what ever they did before hand. If they manage to produce offspring the couple is given a stipend for fifty human years, during this time they are expected to remain close and raise the offspring together.

That sounded like a good idea, there were some human and shifter parents that should have been subject to some kind of government regulation. Like most wolf families and Brenda's parents, however since where we live prefers to give their people freedoms such a thing would never happen. Though I did wonder if humans had issues reproducing down the line would they institute such an idea? I knew Mr Lee once the wedding had finished had to rush home with his family as they are preparing for a rare occurrence, that is regulated through the super's government agency.

One of the three pairs of Dragon shifters was getting ready to go on a Joining flight. Which is akin to the pure Dragon Mating flight. This flight will take them on a single trip around the world, with special stops for the pair to gorge on food as their bodies burn through a lot of food in their Dragon forms. However for them to have children they have to nod at their Draconic ancestors, so places around the world are prepping for a visit by this pair. Dragon shifters are as odd as the specials are. Their offspring are never of the same genetic lineage as any 'siblings' they might have or even their parents. They could literally marry their parent with no issues genetically as once they are born there is no genetic connection. Maahes had gotten permission while he had been traveling the world to take samples of the six of them and he was shocked by the results.

The Dragons when they reach town in two weeks will be on the ground for no more than four hours as if they remain grounded longer than that they have to start all over again. This 'flight' will be heavily regulated with an 'Honor flight' of the Eldest of the true Dragons to keep guard over the pair. I thought about that for a few minutes more and I stand up from my garden that I was weeding and shout to Seamus and Zebediah. "The Dragons!" Seamus, Zebediah, and Divante rush to where I am standing, looking confused.

I turn to them, "in two weeks the Joining Flight will be stopping here and town will be filled with crowds of people because of this rare sight. What better a time to sneak in to make a few killings with scores of humans round, especially if they can disrupt the goings on. We need to contact Emerald to have her pass a warning on to her great grandfather that there might be trouble when they arrive here."

Seamus and Zebediah share a look and Zebediah turns to me, "why would they go after the Dragon shifters?" I shake my head, "I'm not saying the Dragon shifters specifically. However they might use the chaos of the spectacle to cause other problems and if it causes any issues with their time grounded it would throw the whole event off. We cannot let that happen, especially since they have to have the shop closed to prepare for this massive feeding for this two week period."

Seamus nods his head and says, "who do you think they might go for?" I shake my head, "no idea. All I know is if I wanted to snatch a large group of people in the middle of a large chaotic gathering would be best. They might try for me, Gale; or even one of the boys. I would also warn the bears to keep an eye on the woods during this event, I would hate to have something happen to Doug or Brenda during this point in their relationship." The main idea of the couple spending a month alone together is to 'secure' their bond and make it stronger. While I think they have a great bond, I'd prefer them to have the best chance with their relationship.

A voice wafts in on the wind, "well little daughter lets hope they don't attempt that but I believe you might be right." Came Marchosias' voice, "I and the Angelus they released are still trying to discover their hiding spot. We can't even seem to locate the tomes they are using." That bothered me, supposedly the magic users they had working for them we're lower tiered in power. That made me wonder if maybe the government needed to regulate the magic users more. It seems to me only the 'families' are allowed to be considered high powered no matter what their power levels were.

Seamus points to my pocket, "call Simon. Have him talk to Emerald, I am sure he will move if you give him your concerns. I'll talk to your uncle, your grandmother got to see one of these Flights when she was young so your uncle should know what could happen." I nod my head as the two men take the child back to her training, the girl looking more determined after hearing that her sister might be in danger soon.

I sigh and pull my phone out and call Simon's office number, it rings once and he answers. "Is something wrong Nancy?" I never call his phone without a text first. "I was mulling over the Smaten ceremony and it came to mind that the Dragon Flight is coming in two weeks. This place will be chaotic and filled with people from out of town to get a look at the Dragons." I hear a pause on the other end of the phone and Simon finishes, "and you are concerned that someone might use it as an opportunity?" I sigh again and answer, "yes. It would be the best time to get in and potentially kidnap or kill a lot of people. They could even cause a stir with the actual event and cause bigger issues."

The phone goes quiet again, "I had not thought about that. I will get a hold of Emerald right away so she can talk to her great grand sire. I might have to do some digging but I would say come tot he office day after tomorrow with your, entourage. I might have more info this being a potential issue." The phone goes dead and I realize he took this very seriously as he would never just hang up randomly.

I look toward where the group was training, now I just have to take Zebediah on a car trip into the city so we can have some kind of conversation in Simon's office. That tells me he has a source that can't come here.