Second Match

After the required twenty minutes where June drank some water and gave the remaining three dirty looks, a female stands up. She carefully walks down to the arena, with the movements of a dancer. The boys had just returned when the woman started her way to the arena and Sammy asks. "Why is she walking so weird?" I shake my head, at something else that Drake's Pack hadn't at least shown the kids.

Before I could mention the movements Brenda speaks, "she knows how to dance professionally. That is why she walks differently, she will be harder than the Moa; because she has skills from the dance ability that the human side can use. They mix very well with fighting moves," I nod my head at Brenda. This was very true, when added to fighting moves dance can make some dance moves stronger. Especially with the added balance a professional dancer would have.

The female gives a slight nod to the Alpha, then readies a fighting stance. It was obvious she was going to attempt to fight in her human form first. June gives the woman a once over and shifts to her raccoon form. I shake my head, I think June was underestimating this shifter. I also believe it is the wolf shifter she was suppose to fight first. I just hope the woman doesn't let any anger over how the Moa was treated cloud her judgment.

The woman just stands in her fighting stance focusing on the large raccoon before her, her attention not wavering. The Alpha speaks, "next to fight is Cresius. A female wolf shifter originally from Siberia, she appears to be wishing to attempt hand to hand combat."

I raise my eyebrow at the mention of her original home, wolves from Siberia tend to be very aggressive. This might be a little harder for June than the last fight. I also doubt if she is from Siberia that she would let anger cause her any issues. Mainly because as a general rule Siberian wolves are angry anyway.

June attempts to charge the woman who is standing extremely still, and merely tosses her to the side without moving much of her body. It appears this woman knows some Aikido, and was apparently not taking any chances. I wonder how many tosses it will take before June tries to use a different tactic.

I watch the raccoon attempts to charge the woman again, and gets tossed again. Sammy looks confused, "why is she letting herself be thrown?" Kibler watches June a minute then answers the child, "she is attempting to gauge for weakness. I think that she is not going to find the opening she is looking for." I nod my head agreeing with Kibler, this fighter will not be as easy as that Moa.

We spend twenty minutes watching the foolish raccoon get tossed repetitively. June finally stops charging and faces the woman directly. She stands in front of the wolf and shifts back to human and stands in a mocking pose of how the wolf is standing. The wolf does not budge an inch and June attempts to distract the female wolf. I hear the women in the down stairs laughing at June's attempts.

I do think it is funny she is trying to break this woman's cool demeanor. I doubt she is going to get the reaction that she thinks she will get. The wolf woman just stands there immobile and June attempts to kick at the wolf's legs and gets her leg swept out from under her. I think the wolf is handling this very well, she is letting June not do anything.

Kibler watches June and gives me a look, "I think she is going to try something unexpected." I nod my head, from what I have seen June is as mentally as stable as the serial killer when she had arrived. The biggest difference however is that June if it hadn't been for her parents, she wouldn't have grown up with any negative problems. As is with most people who develop into a serial killer the woman had no concept as to how humans interact with each other.

You could almost say a serial killer isn't truly human, the sole human in the Canadian pack has however learned. What did this woman learn? She learned that people are more important that she had known. I mused if June could learn this, based on how even her family bonds were broken. The serial killer has an excuse, they aren't capable of forming emotional bonds.

I see June lean towards the wolf female with a sneer on her face as she says something quiet enough no one can hear it. All I see on the wolf's face is an eye twitch, but is it enough of a break in the woman's demeanor to let the raccoon get in and deal damage?

I do notice that June is looking pained, from the multitude of bruises she is likely to now have. I am thinking she is attempting to make it easy on herself. Seeing as how June is a person who will not be happy being a low ranked person. She is aware of her limitations, I think I was not giving the woman enough credit. She is highly intelligent, maybe to her detriment.

June attempts to kick at one of the wolf's legs again, while the wolf throws June again the wolf moves a fraction of a second slower. As if she had something on her mind. If I had caught what June had whispered to the wolf I could have at least read the woman's lips to see what shook the Siberian wolf up.

June moves in for another attempt at a kick to the out stretched leg and when the expected throw comes she pulls on the woman's arm. Making the woman fall out of her stance, she then quickly stands up and goes back into a fighting stance.

I could see this one will be a drawn out fight verses the previous one. June starts alternating kicks and ducking with an attempt to pull the woman off her feet. Once every fourth attempt seems to succeed, from my viewpoint she was winning; however it might be a costly win. I wonder how it is this Siberian wound up in such a low ranking. She was a very skilled fighter, maybe she preferred a low ranking. I have seen a few wolves who were excellent fighters that didn't have any desire to rise in the rankings that were set in the world for officially ranked wolves.

From what I knew of Siberian wolves they are extremely loyal to their Packs. It could be this woman holds a place low in the rankings to ensure someone with skill was in the lower rankings. All members of the Canadian Pack had to take part of the official world ranking.

I pull out my phone and look up the Canadian pack's listed rankings for their lower tier. The wolf in this spot had a notation stating that the shifter has chosen to stay in a lower ranking by choice. I nod my head and I watch the fight continue as June attempts again to kick the wolf's legs out from under her.

I see June circle the wolf shifter and the wolf follows keeping her body angled only so that June can only reach the leg she had out stretched. In a quick movement that I did not know June had in her, June quickly steps into the woman's instep. Instantly breaking the woman's foot. While the wolf reacts to the broken foot, (I don't care how good of a fighter you are that will get your attention); June shifts and rushes around behind the wolf.

June then takes her claws and rakes them down the woman's back, she only gets one pass before the wolf shifts and faces her tooth and claw. The wolf goes to bite at June, but the raccoon dodges out of the way. The raccoon has a better dodging advantage to the wolf, the Siberian has sheer power; but a raccoon is nimble.

June rushes in harrowing the wolf from different sides, just staring out of range of the wolf's teeth. If I were the Alpha I would have the Siberian work more with her wolf so they could execute some of the things she can do while human. I could see with all of June's quick bites she knows better than to attempt to not disable the wolf as quickly as possible. I look at my phone, they'd been fighting for over an hour now. With most of it involving June being tossed to the other end of the arena. June needs to end this quick or risk being too tired to go much higher up.

I see June faint and the wolf fall prey to it as June grabs the wolf's throat and not let go. The wolf attempts to shake the raccoon off of her neck to no avail. The more she struggles the weaker the wolf seems to get and I quickly look over the arena. There was a lot of blood, the wolf is probably close to unconsciousness. June digs her legs into the ground and attempts to hold the wolf still, if it weren't for the fact the wolf was exhausted it would have not worked. June just didn't have the weight to pull that off. Then the wolf passes out and June lets go as she shifts back to human form. "Can I get some water now to wash this wolf's blood out of my mouth." Is all she says as the medical team rushes in to check on the wolf.