fifteen

CHARLOTTES POV
The door to my moms office opened and I expected it to be my mom but it was my Uncle Derek.
"Where's my mom?" I asked.
"She's waiting in the car you're both going home," He said.
"Our agreement was that she was going to work and I was staying here and we weren't talking to each other," I said and grabbed my phone.
"What is this about?" He asked, "I have never seen either of you this upset."
"It's none of your business," I said.
"It's about your dad isn't it?" He said. I looked at him and grabbed my bag.
"It's none of your business," I said and walked out the door.
"You know she just wanted to protect you," he said as we got in the elevator.
"I don't have to discuss this with you," I said.
"Let her explain," he said.
"She did," I said as I angrily walked out of the elevator and through the lobby.
"Charlotte give your mother another chance," he said.
"This isn't your issue stay out of it!" I yelled as I walked into the parking lot. I saw my moms car and I opened the car door and sat down next to her. She wiped her eyes and looked over at me. I don't think I've ever seen my mom cry this much.
"You have everything?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"Okay," she said. We drove home in silence and she unlocked the front door and I went to go upstairs and she grabbed my arm.
"We're talking about this," she said and made me sit down on the couch.
"Look I know you're mad," she said.
"Why wouldn't I be mad," I said.
"You have a right to be mad Charlotte," she said, "but we need to talk about this. We can't act like this forever."
"Fine," I said.
AMELIAS POV
"I'm sorry," I said. She looked at me and then looked down at her lap.
"I'm sorry too," she said.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too mom," she said.
"I'm sorry I lied," I said, "I just wanted to protect you."
"I get it," Charlotte sighed, "but were you ever going to tell me."
"Yeah," I said, "I was going to."
"It's a lot to take in," she admitted.
"I hope you know that I've always wanted you honey. Your father and I wanted a family, and I was so excited when I found out I was pregnant with you, because that meant that your father would always be here with us. I was so excited that I was having a little girl. I always thought you would be a mini me, and I was right. You're like my best friend Charlotte. I want us to still be close after this," I said.
"I'm sorry I said you didn't want me," she said.
"I've always wanted you," I said and hugged her tightly. She snuggled into me as we continued talking.
"I'm also sorry for calling you a bad mother," she said, "you're not. I was just really mad at you."
"It's okay," I said and rubbed her back.
"It was a lot to take in," she said quietly.
"I know," I said.
"Are you okay?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said, "Are we okay?"
"We're okay," she said, "Can I ask you something?"
"Sure," I said.
"Were you afraid to let me to to that party because you thought I'd be like you?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said, "and I know you'd make good choices. But my mom thought the same about me. I know how people work and how addictive everything can be. I just wanted the best for you and don't want you to turn out like me."
"Well you're pretty awesome now," she said.
"Thanks," I chuckled.
"Not everyone could get sober and be a neurosurgeon. And an awesome mom," Charlotte said.
"I love you," I smiled.
"I love you too," she said.
"I'm sorry I never told you," I said.
"It's okay," she said, "let's not get mad at each other again." We both laughed and she smiled.
"It is exhausting," I said.
"It is," she said, "I don't like hating you."
"Well I don't like hating you either," I said.
"Is dad buried somewhere?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said, "In LA."
"Can we go?" She asked.
"Sure," I said, "one day we can go."
"Okay," she said.
"So how'd the project go?" I asked.
"Oh uh actually," she chuckled and grabbed a piece of paper from her backpack. She handed it to me and she drew a bunch of stick figures.
"I think we can do better than this," I laughed.
"Yeah," she chuckled.
"I'll get you some pictures come on," I said.
"Okay," she smiled. We were okay. Thank god.
-
"What are we doing for dinner tonight?" Charlotte asked as she finished up her project.
"Takeout?" I said.
"What about Arizona?" She asked.
"Hm?" I said as I grabbed something from the fridge.
"Are you guys okay?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said, "we're fine."
"She should come over," she said, "I saw her here yesterday and I assumed she went home."
"Yeah," I said, "yeah I wasn't really in the mood to talk yesterday."
"Sorry I ruined your date," she said.
"It's fine," I said, "I'll call her and ask if she wants to come to dinner."
"Cool," Charlotte said.
"Why don't you pick a place for takeout?" I asked.
"Okay," Charlotte said.
ARIZONAS POV
My phone rang and it was Amelia.
"Hello?" I said.
"Hey," she said, she sounded like she was in such a better mood.
"Hi honey," I smiled.
"Do you want to come over to dinner? Charlotte and I worked it out, and I'd like to make up for last night," she said.
"Of course I would like to come for dinner, and I'm glad you two worked everything out," I said as I grabbed my purse and my keys.
"Me too," she said.
"I'll see you in 10?" I said.
"Sounds good," she said.
"I love you Amelia," I said.
"I love you too Arizona," she giggled.