sixty five

Timeline: 3 weeks later
ARIZONAS POV
"Fuck!" Amelia said from the bathroom. I sat up in bed and got up.
"Amelia honey you okay?" I asked.
"Fuck fuck fuck fuck!" Amelia yelled as she opened the door and walked downstairs.
"Amelia what's wrong?" I asked as I followed her.
"Mom are you okay?" Charlotte asked as she came out of her room. Amelia didn't say anything and started making coffee. Her hands were super shaky and I could tell she was holding her cries in.
"Mom?" Charlotte asked.
"Ames can we talk?" I asked. Amelia walked back upstairs and slammed the door shut.
"What happened?" Charlotte asked.
"I don't know, I woke up and she was upset," I said.
"She told me last night she was taking a pregnancy test today," Charlotte frowned.
"Oh shit it's been 3 weeks since our appointment," I said, "it must be negative. Shit." I ran upstairs and I could hear crying coming from the bathroom.
"Ames," I said and knocked on the door, "Ames it's okay if it's negative."
"I just wanted to be pregnant so badly," she cried.
"Honey it's okay," I said, "open the door." She unlocked the door and I wrapped her in a hug.
"It's okay I promise," I said, "I can try okay?"
"What if somethings wrong with me?" She cried.
"Nothing is wrong with you Amelia," I said, "you're perfect the way you are nothings wrong with you."
"But the test was negative," she cried.
"It's okay," I said and rocked her back and forth, "it's okay."
"I'm sorry," she said.
"No apologizing, we knew this might happen," I said softly, "I'll try IVF next okay?"
"Okay," she said.
"I love you," I said and kissed her.
"I love you too," she said.
"No tears okay? There's nothing wrong with you at all, don't ever say that," I said.
CHARLOTTES POV
"Hey," Maxine said as she sat down next to me at the front desk.
"Hey," I smiled.
"You look tired," she chuckled, "long night?"
"Yeah," I shrugged. Maxine and I have gotten a lot closer over the past few weeks. She's one of my closest friends. We talk and text all the time, and we're always together at work. It's really nice. I think I have feelings for her. She's gorgeous. She's so sweet and kind. I'm so unsure about my sexuality but I'm really sure of her.
"Earth to Charlotte," Maxine giggled.
"What?" I laughed.
"I asked you a question," she said.
"What did you say?" I asked.
"I asked you if you had a boyfriend," she chuckled.
"Oh no I don't," I shrugged, "do you?"
"No," she said, "I'll let you in on a secret."
"Okay," I said.
"Wait but you can't hate me," she said.
"Why would I hate you?" I chuckled.
"I'm gay," she said.
"Why would I hate you my mom married a woman," I laughed.
"Oh yeah I forgot about that!" She laughed.
"Oh my god," I laughed. She liked girls.
"Wanna go out for lunch on break?" I asked.
"Yeah sure," she said, "but I'm driving you drive way too slow."
"I'm being cautious," I defended.
"I'm driving," she chuckled.
-
I grabbed my bag and Maxine grabbed her keys. Was this a date? I mean she came out to me and I asked to go out. Maybe? I don't know. Ugh. I hate feeling like this.
"I have a question," Maxine said.
"Yeah?" I said.
"So is this a date?" She said. I froze. I didn't know.
"Oh uh," I said.
"Oh forget I asked," she said nervously.
"No, no it is if you want it to be," I said shyly, "I didn't know how you felt about it."
"I like you Charlotte," she smiled.
"I like you Maxine," I said.
"Then it's a date come on," she said and grabbed my arm and pulled me into her car. I smiled as I sat down in the passenger seat and we drove to lunch. We both got out and walked into the restaurant. I sat down across from her and she smiled.
"You know you're very hard to read," Maxine chuckled, "I've been trying to figure out if you were straight for like a week."
"I uh, I don't know if I'm bi or gay," I admired.
"That's okay," she said, "everyone figures things out on their own. It's totally okay." I smiled. She was so sweet.
"Did you always know you were gay?" I asked softly.
"Yeah," she shrugged, "I always hated all the girly stuff. I hated dresses, hated dance classes, all I wanted to do was play outside in the dirt and mud. And I kinda always fell in love with the female characters in TV shows." We both chuckled and she smiled.
"It's a weird thing," she said, "I feel like society just wants to slap a label on everything, but sometimes it's hard."
"That's how I feel," I said.
"Well you're perfect the way you are," she said, "don't change a thing." I felt myself blush as we ordered lunch. I really really liked her.
-
I got back in Maxine's car and she smiled.
"I had a really good time," she said.
"Me too," I said. She took a deep breath and looked at me.
"Can I kiss you?" She asked.
"Y-yeah," I said nervously. She put her hand on my cheek and leaned in and kissed me. It was a long, nice kiss. It was better than any kiss I've ever shared with a boy. She pulled back and smiled.
"We don't wanna be late getting back," she said.
"Yeah," I said.
"You're a good kisser Charlotte," she smiled.
"So are you," I blushed.