sixty seven

CHARLOTTES POV
"This job is so boring sometimes," Maxine complained.
"You've been here for 20 minutes," I chuckled.
"And the phone hasn't rung once," she complained.
"Well that means people aren't dying," I said.
"Fine you're right," she chuckled, "wanna play a game?"
"Sure," I said.
"Give me your hand," she said.
"Why?" I chuckled.
"Oh my god just give me your hand," she laughed. I held my hand out and she grabbed it and pulled me up.
"Where are we going?" I laughed as she ran to the elevator.
"Come on," she said as we stepped inside. She didn't let go of my hand and I smiled. I don't know what Maxine and I are. We've gone on a few dates and we've kissed before, but I don't know. I don't know if she can tell that I'm insecure about being unsure of my sexuality, and that makes me even more insecure. The doors opened and Maxine pulled me out the hallway.
"Look," she smiled as she brought me to the nursery window.
"They are cute," I smiled.
"Yeah," she said, "they're so small." I smiled as I squeezed her hand and she looked at me.
"What are you doing after work today?" I asked her.
"Nothing," she chuckled.
"Do you want to come over?" I asked.
"Sure," she said.
"Okay," I smiled.
"Okay," she smiled. I still haven't told my mom or Arizona about the kiss or our date. I don't know why, I mean they're the most supportive people I know. I think I just want to make sure it's real before I tell people.
AMELIAS POV
"Amelia!" Arizona said. I turned around in the hallway and I smiled at my cute wife. I keep thinking about how she could be carrying our baby. I was so excited.
"Yes honey?" I smiled and reached my hand out to her and she squeezed it.
"I need a consult," she said.
"Okay," I said, "I need to grab a chart but meet you in CT?"
"Yes," she said. We went our separate ways and I met her in CT. Two interns were getting the patient prepped. The scan came up and I examined it.
"Brain tumor?" Arizona asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"How big?" She asked.
"4 centimeters," I said, "I can take it out."
"Oh thank god, you're the best," she said.
"I need you to get the parents so we can talk about this and then prep an or," I said.
"Okay," she nodded.
"Sound good?" I said.
"Yeah I'll go get them," she said.
"Thank you," I said.
-
I scrubbed out of surgery and saw Charlotte sitting at one of the desks.
"Looks like you're working really hard," I joked as I sat down next to her.
"Slow day," she shrugged.
"True," I said.
"Can Maxine come over after work?" She asked.
"Sure," I said, "are you two friends or?"
"We're friends," she said.
"Okay," I said, "sure she can come over."
"Okay," she said.
"And she could still come over if she was your girlfriend Char," I said and got up and kissed her head.
"I know," she said.
"Okay, I love you," I said.
"I love you too," she said.
CHARLOTTES POV
I finished work and I went to go find Maxine. I walked into one of the lounges and she was tying her shoes.
"Hey," I smiled.
"Hey," she said. I sat down next to her and she grabbed her bag.
"Are you ready?" I asked.
"Yup, are you?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"I did forget one thing though," She said.
"What?" I said confused. She pushed a piece of hair behind my ear and kissed me.
"That," she giggled before getting up and walked out to the lobby with me. We each took our cars to my house and I grabbed my keys. I unlocked the front door and I heard my mom and Arizona in the kitchen.
"Char is that you?" My mom said.
"Yeah," I responded.
"Can I hang my jacket?" Maxine asked.
"Yeah sure," I said. We walked into the kitchen and my mom smiled.
"Hi Maxine," my mom smiled.
"Hi," Maxine said shyly.
"Hello," Arizona smiled. I could tell Maxine got really nervous so we just went upstairs to my room.
"Your room is cute," she said as we walked in.
"Thanks," I said.
"Your mom and Arizona are nice," she said as she sat down on my bed and I sat down next to her.
"Are you nervous?" I asked.
"Uh no," she lied. I raised an eyebrow at her and she chuckled.
"I want your mom and step mom to like me because I really like you," Maxine said.
"They like you I promise," I said.
"I said hi," she chuckled.
"Well you make me happy and they like that," I said.
"You make me happy too," she smiled. I turned the TV on Maxine snuggled into me. She was so cute. I was so comfortable with her in my arms that I didn't want her to leave.
"Do you wanna sleep over?" I asked.
"Sure," she giggled, "let me text my dad."
"Okay," I said.
"Is it okay with your mom?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said. I grabbed my phone and texted her.
"Can Maxine sleep over?" I sent.
"Sure. No funny business though," she sent.
"Mom," I sent.
"Sorry lol," she sent. I put my phone down and Maxine snuggled back into me.
"He said yes," she said.
"Okay," I smiled.
AMELIAS POV
"Maxine's staying the night," I told Arizona.
"So are they like friends?" Arizona chuckled.
"I don't know," I pouted, "I mean I asked Charlotte and she said they were friends, but I don't know."
"She'll tell us when she's ready," Arizona reassured.
"Yeah," I said, "I should go check on them right?"
"Sure," Arizona said. I kissed her before getting up and walking down the hallway. I opened Charlotte's door and they were fast asleep. I smiled. Maxine as snuggled into Charlotte and she had her arm around her. I closed the door. Charlotte seemed really happy with Maxine, as just friends or as girlfriends. Whatever the case is I still love her no matter what.