sixty six

CHARLOTTES POV
My mom and Arizona were at their IVF appointment right now. I hope it works for Arizona because they'll be so crushed if they can't have a baby. I was at home, thinking about Maxine. Our date went well. I didn't tell anyone about it. I think I feel really insecure about my sexuality. Everyone else around me has it figured out and I don't. My mom knows she's bi. Arizona and Maxine both know they're lesbians. But what am I? I hate it. I heard the front door open which meant my mom and Arizona were home.
"Charlotte?" My mom called.
"I'm in my room," I said. They both opened the door and I rolled over in my bed.
"How'd it go?" I asked.
"Good," Arizona said, "we can take another pregnancy test in a few weeks."
"That's good," I said.
"How was work today?" My mom asked.
"It was okay," I shrugged. My mom looked at Arizona and Arizona excused herself. Great. I don't want to talk anymore.
"What's wrong?" My mom asked as she sat down next to me.
"Nothing," I said.
"You're in a bad mood," my mom said, "did something happen with Maxine?"
"Can we not talk about her?" I sighed.
"Okay," my mom said. I wanted to tell her about the date. I should have. But I didn't. I hid it from her because I was scared.
"Why don't you have her over one day?" My mom suggested.
"Yeah," I shrugged.
"What's bothering you?" My mom asked, "talk to me."
"Everyone has it figured out," I sniffled.
"Has what figured out?" My mom asked as she rubbed my back.
"Never mind," I said.
"Charlotte," my mom said.
"I wanna be alone," I said.
"Okay," my mom said sadly, "I love you."
"I love you too," I said.
AMELIAS POV
Something was going on with Charlotte. I think it's about Maxine but I don't know. Maybe something happened? Maybe Maxine doesn't have feelings for her? Or maybe she does and she's scared? Ever since she told me she liked Maxine she's shut me out. It sounds like high school me.
"Hey," Arizona said as she sat down next to me in bed.
"Hey," I said.
"You look worried," Arizona said.
"Yeah," I sighed.
"I'm sure she'll open up when she's ready. You're the same way," Arizona said.
"She deserves to be happy," I frowned.
"I know she does," Arizona said, "but maybe she just needs some time and space on her own to figure out what she wants."
"Yeah," I sighed. Arizona wrapped me in a hug. I snuggled into her and she rubbed my back.
"I hope the IVF works this time," I said.
"Me too," Arizona said.
"We'll have a mini Arizona," I grinned.
"Yeah," Arizona smiled. I leaned up and kissed her.
"I love you," she said.
"I love you too," I said.
-
I opened my eyes as the alarm went off.
"Arizona," I mumbled.
"I'm awake," she yawned as she shut the alarm off. I got up and walked downstairs and Charlotte was in the kitchen.
"Good morning," I said.
"Good morning," she said.
"What are you making for breakfast?" I asked.
"Eggs, do you and Arizona want some?" She offered.
"I don't but Arizona might," I said. Arizona came downstairs and I smiled.
"Arizona do you want eggs?" Charlotte asked.
"Sure," Arizona said. The three of us ate breakfast and then we got ready for work. Arizona was in the shower and I walked down to Charlotte'a room. I knocked on the door and she opened it.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," she said, "sorry for being mean yesterday I just wasn't in a mood to talk."
"It's okay honey," I said and wrapped her in a hug, "I'm always here for you when you're ready to talk. You know that right?"
"Yeah," she smiled, "I love you."
"I love you too," I said. She got ready to leave and so did Arizona and I. Arizona and I drove over and I parked the car at work. I saw Charlotte get out of her car a few rows down and I saw Maxine. I smiled.
"That's the girl right?" Arizona said.
"Yeah," I said.
"Maybe she doesn't know what they are. Maybe she just wants to figure it out for herself before she shares it with everyone," Arizona said.
"Yeah," I nodded, "you're probably right."
"Guess what," Arizona said.
"Chicken butt," I said.
"No you goof," Arizona said, "in three weeks I can take a pregnancy test."
"I'm excited," I smiled and kissed her.
"Me too," Arizona said.
"I can't wait to have a baby with you," I said.
"Me too," Arizona smiled.