sixty eight

Timeline: 3 weeks later
ARIZONAS POV
"Amelia get up," I said.
"What? Why?" She complained.
"Because I really have to pee and it's pregnancy test day," I said. Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled.
"Say less," she said as we got up. I grabbed a few pregnancy tests from the cabinet.
"Turn around while I pee," I said.
"Arizona I've seen you naked a hundred times," she chuckled as she turned around and faced the wall. I set a time on my phone when I was done with the sticks and put them on the counter.
"Can I turn around now?" Amelia chuckled.
"Yes," I said. She turned around and smiled.
"Let's hope for a positive," Amelia said.
"Let's hope," I said. The timer went off and we both looked at each other.
"You look," Amelia said.
"No you look," I chuckled.
"Count of three?" Amelia laughed.
"Sure. 1, 2, 3!" I said and we looked at the tests. Positive.
"Oh my god Ames I'm pregnant!" I said and hugged her tightly.
"Oh my gosh we're having a baby!" Amelia smiled. She hugged me tightly and I smiled. She pulled back and kissed me passionately.
"I love you," she said.
"I love you too," I said. She put her hand on my still flat stomach and I giggled.
"Our baby is in there," she said.
"They are," I smiled, "I can't wait."
"Me either," she said, "let's go tell Charlotte." We walked downstairs and Charlotte was sitting at the kitchen table on her laptop.
"Charlotte," I smiled.
"Yeah?" Charlotte said.
"The pregnancy test was positive!" Amelia smiled.
"Oh my gosh!" Charlotte smiled and hugged us both, "yay!"
"Mhm," I smiled at Amelia.
"Well if we're sharing good news I have good news," Charlotte said.
"Go on," Amelia chuckled.
"Maxine and I are dating," Charlotte said.
"Yay!" Amelia smiled and hugged her, "that's exciting."
"Yeah," Charlotte said as I hugged her.
"Excited for you," I said.
"I'm excited for you too!" She said, "a little baby!" I smiled as we all ate breakfast and then went on our way to work. I was so excited to be carrying our baby.
AMELIAS POV
The test was positive! I was so excited, and Charlotte opened up about her relationship with Maxine this morning. Life was good. I was so happy for everyone. I was happy IVF worked and I was happy Charlotte was comfortable with her relationship to tell me. I know she had been struggling with that for a little while. I saw her sitting at the front desk and I smiled.
"Hey," I said and sat down.
"Hey," she smiled.
"So," I said, "you and Maxine?"
"Yeah," she said.
"Yay I'm so happy for you," I said.
"Thanks," Charlotte said.
"She's very sweet," I said.
"Are you and Arizona gonna find out the gender of the baby?" Charlotte asked.
"Probably when the time comes. I don't know we haven't talked about it," I said.
"If it's a boy we would out number him so quick," she laughed.
"Very true," I laughed, "kinda want it to be a girl so it can be a mini Arizona. We already have a mini me."
"True," Charlotte said, "either was I can't wait."
"Me too," I smiled.
-
"Arizona," I complained as we were walking down the hall.
"Ames what," she chuckled.
"Can you hurry up rounds I'm tired and Wanna snuggle," I said.
"You're acting like you're pregnant," she joked and hit my arm.
"Shut up," I pouted. She grabbed her interns and finished rounding. She followed me into an on call room and I closed the door behind us. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into the bed.
"Better now?" She asked.
"Yes," I said and snuggled into her. She kissed my cheek and I smiled. I loved being in her arms. It always made me feel so safe.
"I'm so happy you're pregnant," I said.
"Me too," she said.
"Our little baby is in there," I smiled as I looked down at her stomach.
"Mhm," she said.
"Do you want to know the gender when it comes time?" I asked.
"Yeah, do you?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said, "Charlotte joked that if it's a boy he'd be outnumbered."
"I mean she's not wrong," Arizona chuckled. I snuggled into my wife and closed my eyes.
"Good night Amelia," she chuckled.
"Good night Arizona," I said softly before dozing off.