thirty four

ARIZONAS POV
Charlotte went gone with Meredith and Derek to get some sleep before school tomorrow. I was getting Amelia some dinner. I walked back up to her room and opened the door. She looked up from her phone and smiled.
"Hey you," she smiled and moved over, "sit next to me." I sat down next to her and handed her some food.
"Oooh fries you're the best!" She giggled and kissed me.
"You feeling better? Still sore?" I asked as I pushed a piece of hair behind her ear.
"Still sore," she said, "thank you for taking care of Charlotte when I was in surgery."
"You don't have to thank me," I said and kissed her. She smiled as we ate dinner together. I was so glad she was okay. It was really scary seeing her and Charlotte come into the ER hurt. It was even more scary to be a loved one waiting in the waiting room.
"Hey did Charlotte say anything when she was waiting with you?" Amelia said after a little while.
"Say anything about what?" I asked.
"About how she thought it was her fault," Amelia said sadly, "she was so convinced she was the reason I got hurt and it broke my heart. Stuff like this happens and it wasn't her fault."
"I think she was just in shock. She kept apologizing and was worried about you," I said, "Did you talk to her?"
"Yeah," she nodded, "we talked about it."
"That's good," I said.
"Yeah," she said, "she was really scared."
"Stuff like this is scary," I said.
"How were you?" She asked me.
"Don't worry about me it's okay," I said.
"No it's not. Are you okay?" She asked me.
"I'm okay now that you're okay honey. That's what matters. That you and Charlotte are safe and okay," I said and kissed her head. She leaned into me as we watched TV together. I put my arm around her and I was so grateful she was alright.
-
"Arizona," Amelia said shaking me, "wake up please."
"What's wrong?" I said as I opened my eyes and looked at her. She was laying next to me and she looked super uncomfortable. I tried fixing her pillow and she grabbed my arm.
"It hurts," she complained.
"Where?" I asked.
"My side," she said.
"Okay," I said. I lifted her shirt slightly to see the slight bruising. I knew she was going to be in pain for a little while.
"Is there anything I can do?" I asked.
"I want drugs so badly," she cried as she looked at me, "Arizona it hurts so bad."
"Amelia it's your decision," I said, but if I'm being honest I was worried about her sobriety.
"I can't," she said, "I promised I wouldn't ever take drugs again once I had Charlotte and I can't start now."
"Okay," I nodded, "what else can I do?"
"I don't know," she cried.
"Why don't I page Derek? Is that okay?" I asked. She bit her lip and nodded. I hated seeing her in this much pain. I walked down the hallway and saw Derek.
"Hey," Derek said, "she awake?"
"Yeah uh she's in a lot of pain," I frowned, "she wants to take drugs but knows she can't. I'm worried."
"Want me to talk to her?" Derek asked. I nodded as we walked down the hall together. I was so worried about her.
DEREKS POV
I opened the door and Amelia was crying as she was looking out the window.
"Where does it hurt?" I asked.
"My whole side, it's so sore and tense," Amelia said.
"You're not taking drugs," I told her.
"I know," Amelia said, "can I have an antibiotic or something to fall asleep? No opioids I promise."
"I'll talk to the nurse," I said. She wiped her tears and looked over at Arizona. I could tell how much pain she was in because she never asked for drugs. Not even when she had Charlotte.
"Is something wrong why does it hurt?" Amelia asked.
"Ames it's just sore from the surgery because you're not on pain killers," Arizona explained.
"Exactly," I said.
"Can Charlotte come back?" Amelia asked.
"I'll call her," Arizona said as she grabbed her phone and walked out of the room.
"You're going to be okay," I said and looked at her.
"I wish I wasn't in so much pain," Amelia complained.
"In a few hours it'll go away I promise," I said.
"Okay," Amelia sighed, "Charlottes gonna come back?"
"Arizonas going and getting her okay," I told her. I hated seeing her in so much pain.
CHARLOTTES POV
Arizona called me and said she was going to come pick me up. It was kinda late so I was worried about my mom. I grabbed my stuff from Zola's room and hugged her and my Aunt Meredith goodbye. I walked to Arizona's car and sat in the front seat.
"Is my mom okay?" I asked her.
"Yeah," she said, "she's fine, she just woke up in a lot of pain and she was asking for you."
"Okay," I nodded, "she can't take anything for the pain?"
"No," she said awkwardly. I don't know if she knew I knew about my moms past addiction.
"I know," I said softly, "about her addiction."
"Oh uh, she's just afraid if she takes pain medication she'll relapse so," Arizona said.
"She just has to deal with the pain?" I said sadly.
"Your mom is strong Charlotte," Arizona smiled as we got to the hotel, "she'll be fine." We walked upstairs and I opened my moms door. Uncle Derek was sitting in one of the chairs across the room and my mom was on her phone.
"Charlotte," she smiled and reached for my hand, "hey."
"Hey," I smiled and sat down next to her.
"Missed you," she said.
"I missed you too mom," I said as she kissed my head.