sixty

Timeline: Amelia's birthday

ARIZONAS POV
I opened my eyes and Amelia was still asleep. Perfect. I slipped downstairs and Charlotte was awake. We were setting up decorations this morning for a family party. We were having a barbecue, which of course Derek would probably cook since nobody else knew what they were doing. Zola, Bailey, and Ellis were coming over and were probably going to use the pool with Charlotte.
"Do you think she'll like it?" I asked.
"Arizona she loves everything and anything you do for her," Charlotte smiled, "she'll love it." That made me smile.
"Okay," I smiled. We finished hanging a banner and putting up some balloons. I walked back upstairs and Amelia was still fast asleep. She was adorable. I crawled back into bed with her and she snuggled into me. My wife was the cutest.
AMELIAS POV
I opened my eyes and looked over at Arizona who was already awake.
"Good morning birthday girl," Arizona smiled and kissed me.
"Good morning," I smiled.
"Happy birthday Ames, I love you," she said.
"Thanks, I love you too," I said.
"Come downstairs," she said.
"I need to put pants on," I chuckled and got up. I walked downstairs with Arizona and there was a banner and a bunch of balloons.
"Arizona," I smiled, "it's beautiful thank you."
"I can't take all the credit Charlotte and I did it," she smiled. Charlotte came out of the kitchen and hugged me.
"Happy birthday mom!" Charlotte said.
"Thank you," I smiled, "I love you guys this is so cute."
"You're welcome but there's more," Charlotte said.
"She's right," Arizona said, "Derek, Meredith, Maggie, Winston, and the kids are coming over for a barbecue and swimming."
"I'm assuming Derek said he knows how to use a grill?" I laughed.
"Him and Winston can figure it out," Arizona said and kissed me. I smiled and the three of us went into the kitchen.
"Present time!" Charlotte smiled.
"You guys know you didn't have to get me anything," I said.
"And you know we don't listen," Arizona said.
"Exactly," Charlotte said, "open mine first."
"Okay," I smiled. I opened her card and saw her pretty handwriting.

Dear mom,
Happy Birthday!! I love you so much and I hope you love what Arizona and I planned. Thanks for being the best mom in the world, and for always picking me up when I fall down. You're the best and I hope you enjoy your birthday!! Love you.

Love,
Charlotte

"Thank you Char," I smiled as I hugged her. She handed me a box and I smiled.
"You did not have to get me anything," I chuckled.
"Just open the box," she insisted. I listened and opened the box. I unwrapped it and it was a picture of Arizona, Charlotte, and I.
"It's for your desk at work. Or where ever," Charlotte said.
"I love it thank you," I smiled and hugged her again. Arizona handed me a card and I opened it too.

My love,
Happy Birthday! I love you so much and I hope you have the best birthday ever. You deserve it. Thank you for being the best wife ever, and you're the best mom to Charlotte. I love you more than life itself, and I hope you have a great birthday today with us and your family.

I love you sweetheart,
Arizona

"I love you," I smiled and leaned in and kissed her.
"I love you too," Arizona smiled. She handed me a wrapped box too and I smiled.
"You also didn't have to get me anything," I said.
"I know but once again you know we don't listen," Arizona laughed. I opened the box and it was a silver heart shaped necklace.
"Arizona," I smiled as I held it up, "it's beautiful."
"Flip it over," she said. I flipped the heart over and it had our wedding date engraved.
"Thank you honey," I smiled and kissed her, "you guys are the best." I got up and hugged them both and smiled.
"When is everyone coming?" I asked.
"Around 3," Arizona said.
"Okay," I smiled.
ARIZONAS POV
Amelia was having a good birthday which was good. We were outside and the kids were running around and swimming. I was sitting down next to Amelia in a lawn chair as Derek and Winston were cooking.
"Having a good birthday?" I asked as I pecked her lips.
"Yes, thank you," she said.
"You're welcome," I said.
"Aunt Amelia!" Ellis yelled as she got out of the pool.
"Yes honey?" Amelia said.
"Can we play corn hole?" Ellis asked cutely.
"Sure baby come on," Amelia said as she got up form sitting next to me. Amelia was so cute with her nieces and nephew. I turned to Meredith and she smiled.
"You have made her so happy," Meredith said softly.
"She makes me so happy," I smiled as I watched Amelia entertain Ellis.
"No really, you turned her world," Meredith smiled, "you really did."