sixty three

ARIZONAS POV
"Too tall," Amelia said.
"Okay," I chuckled.
"Too old," Amelia said.
"You're judge mental," I laughed as she turned through the pages of the sperm donor binder.
"I'm being selective. Our baby needs good genes," Amelia laughed.
"What about him?" I said.
"Eh," she said.
"Amelia," I laughed.
"Fine we'll put him in the maybe pile," she said. We decided that Amelia was going to carry. I was really nervous about the whole thing and Amelia said she was fine with carrying our baby. Charlotte was so excited to have a younger brother or sister.
"Oooh perfect!" Amelia said, "med student. Our baby needs smart genes."
"You do realize our kid is also getting your genes as well," I laughed.
"Yes yes I know," she chuckled, "maybe pile?"
"Maybe pile," I said.
"This is literally so weird," she chuckled, "like we're just picking some random guy."
"Yeah," I chuckled, "it's weird when you say it like that."
"Ooh Harvard!" she chuckled.
"Ames you went to Harvard too," I laughed.
"Oh yeah true," she chuckled.
"Close the binder we're going through the maybe pile," I chuckled.
"Fine," she said. We went through the profiles and came to two.
"Ugh this is a lot of work. Come back later?" Amelia laughed as she got up.
"Sure," I said. I followed her into the bathroom and she smiled.
"Wanna shower?" She asked.
"Yes," I smiled as she kissed me.
AMELIAS POV
I got out of the shower and got ready for work. I was bringing Charlotte with me again. She seemed to really love it, which was good. I'm glad she was working, and it was under the same roof that I was.
"Enjoying work?" I asked as we got in the car.
"Yeah it's a lot of fun actually," she said.
"That's good," I said, "any cute boys?" She didn't answer and I looked at her.
"Shut up is there a cute boy?" I laughed.
"Maybe," she shrugged.
"Who?" I said.
"I'm not telling you," she said.
"Charlotte I have access to all the volunteer profiles I can figure it out," I chuckled.
"Max," she said.
"Is he cute?" I said. She shrugged and I chuckled.
"Fine don't tell me," I said as we pulled into the parking lot. Charlotte didn't have the best track record with liking boys so I was hoping this Max was nice. I won't go snooping until she tells me I can. I'll let her have her privacy. We went our separate ways and I went to go unlock my office.
CHARLOTTES POV
I was sitting at the front desk answering phone calls. It was a slow day, not a lot of people were calling in. I decided to go refill some shelves and closets. I grabbed the little cart and walked down the hallway. I filled two closets and two shelves and then walked back to the front desk. I sat down and saw one of my friends come sit down next to me.
"Slow day," she said.
"Yeah," I said.
"Is your mom doing anything cool?" She chuckled.
"Probably," I said. I grabbed my phone and sent her a text.
"Do you have surgery soon?" I asked.
"At 5," she sent.
"Next surgery is at 5," I said out loud.
"Ugh," she sighed, "wanna go for a walk?"
"Sure," I said. We both got up and walked around the hospital.
"Do you want to be a doctor?" She asked me.
"I don't know," I said, "do you?"
"I don't know either," she chuckled, "my dad is a retired EMT so I figured this kind of thing would be cool."
"That's cool," I said.
"Do you work here because your mom and step mom work here?" She chuckled.
"It was my idea but yeah," I chuckled, "makes life easier."
"Yeah I can see that," she said, "definitely convenient."
"Yeah," I said.
"What grade are you in?" She asked.
"11," I said, "you?"
"Same," she smiled, "I'm hungry let's go."
AMELIAS POV
I sat down next to Arizona at lunch. I saw Charlotte eating lunch with a friend across the room. It was nice that she was making friends. They looked around the same age, her friend was probably in 11th or 12th grade. Some of the volunteers were college age kids so it was nice to see her have a friend around her own age.
"Charlotte has a friend," Arizona said.
"Yeah," I smiled, "she also told me she liked someone."
"Here?" Arizona said.
"Well like kinda. I made a joke if there were any cute guys here and she said this guy Max but wouldn't give me any details," I said.
"If you're so nosey just snoop in the volunteer records," Arizona chuckled.
"I know but that feels like an invasion of privacy," I laughed.
"When have you ever cared about that?" Arizona laughed.
"Shut up," I said.
"At least she's having fun," Arizona said.
"Yeah," I smiled, "I'm glad she found something to do this summer."
"Me too," Arizona said.
CHARLOTTES POV
"You're really bad at this game," my coworker laughed as she crumpled up a sticky note and threw it out. We were playing hangman.
"Shut up," I laughed and grabbed the pen from her, "We're playing tic tac toe now."
"Fine," she shrugged and grabbed another pen off the desk. The phone abruptly rang and I answered it and helped give someone directions to the ER.
"Ugh my dad's gonna be here," she said after I got off the phone.
"When do you work next?" I asked.
"Tomorrow," she said, "you?"
"Same," I said.
"Alright cool," she said. She started grabbing her jacket, phone, and keys to get ready to go. I sunk back into my chair sad that she had to go. She was the only person I ever talked to around here.
"Maxine?" I asked.
"Yeah?" She smiled.
"See you tomorrow?" I said.
"I'll see you tomorrow," she smiled.