fifty

Timeline: Amelia and Arizona have been married for a month.
CHARLOTTES POV
"Can I ask you something?" My mom asked.
"Sure," I said as I sat down at the table for lunch. Arizona had an early surgery today so my mom said she should be home soon.
"So I was just thinking, what if Arizona adopted you too? Like she would be your other legal guardian?" She asked. I smiled at the thought.
"Do you want her to?" I asked.
"Do you? I mean it's your life," she said.
"Yeah I think it's fine," I said.
"Okay," she smiled.
"I don't have to call her mom though right? Arizona is still fine?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said, "We haven't talked about it but I feel like she should legally be your other guardian too. Just in case something happens to me."
"You're not sick right?" I asked, "that's not why we're talking about this right?"
"No I'm not sick," My mom said, "but people get hit by busses or are in plane crashes and I don't want you to be alone if something were to happen."
"Okay," I nodded, "but don't die."
"Not planning on it," she said and hugged me, "I love you."
"I love you too," I said.
"So you're okay with Arizona becoming your other parent?" She asked as she sat down next to me.
"Yeah I mean she is anyway, just not legally right now," I said, "can we surprise her with it."
"Well I already have the papers so we can give them to her when she gets home," my mom smiled.
"Sounds like a good idea," I smiled. My mom hugged me and kissed my head. We ate lunch and then my mom went to go work on a case from home. My phone buzzed and it was Tara.
"Party tomorrow. You in?" Tara sent.
"Where?" I sent.
"Same as last time," she sent.
"Yeah sure," I sent.
"Luke's gonna be there," she sent. I swallowed hard. I didn't tell her what happened with Luke. I only told my mom and Arizona. Nothing actually happened so I never said anything.
"Cool," I sent. Nothing would happen anyway, I mean he didn't get sex out of me so I'm sure he found some other girl to have sex with. I tried to block that night out of my mind.
"You over him?" Tara sent.
"Just didn't work out," I sent.
"Sorry," Tara sent.
"No worries," I sent.
"You driving or drinking?" She sent. Last time I drank I felt so guilty about it. I shouldn't put my mom in that position again.
"I'll be your designated driver," I sent.
"Love you," she sent.
"Love you too Tara," I sent. My mom came back in the kitchen with her computer.
"Hey can I go to a party tomorrow?" I asked her.
"Sure," she said, "I already don't want you drinking but if you are you're not driving."
"I'm not," I said.
"Okay," she said, "be home before 12."
"Will do," I said.
ARIZONAS POV
I scrubbed out of my surgery and I had rounds before I could finally go home. I had one surgery this morning that turned into two other ones. I finished rounds with my interns and changed and started driving home. I parked in the garage and I walked inside and Amelia was cooking dinner. I assumed Charlotte was upstairs doing homework or something.
"Hey!" Amelia smiled. I walked over and kissed her and she smiled.
"Long day?" She asked.
"God yeah," I said, "One surgery turned into three."
"Did you save them all?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"That's my badass fetal surgeon wife," Amelia smiled and I kissed her.
"You going in tomorrow?" I asked.
"Yeah for like the whole day," Amelia said, "you?"
"Yeah," I said.
"Hey Arizona," Charlotte said as she came into the kitchen.
"Hey," I smiled.
"I think something came in the mail for you," Charlotte said and handed me an envelope. I opened it and my mouth dropped. They were forms to adopt Charlotte.
"Me?" I said and looked at Amelia.
"No sorry those are for me other wife," Amelia joked, "yes you."
"And you want this too?" I looked at Charlotte.
"Yes," Charlotte smiled as she hugged me, "I love you."
"I love you too," I smiled as I cried, "of course I'll adopt you!" Amelia and Charlotte hugged me and then I went to fill out the forms so that we can bring them back to the adoption agency. They just had to finalize it and I would be Charlotte's legal guardian. I never expected this even though I was so involved in Charlotte's life. I never thought Amelia wanted me to be her other parent, but I'm so glad she does. I love Charlotte and Amelia so much. We were finally a family of three.