nineteen

ARIZONAS POV
"So how'd it go?" I asked Amelia as we walked down the hallway of the hospital.
"Funny story," she chuckled, "Charlotte yelled at her and I kicked her out."
"She didn't approve?" I asked sadly.
"No," Amelia said softly, "but it's okay really. She doesn't approve of most of the stuff I do. I'm used to it. I'm not upset."
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Arizona I'm fine I promise. I would tell you if I wasn't," she said.
"How's Charlotte?" I asked.
"Oh she's fine, she honestly has the guts to say what I'm thinking," she laughed.
"Glad you're okay," I said.
"I love you," Amelia smiled.
"I love you too," I smiled and kissed her. Amelia got paged so she ran down to the ER while I went to go monitor the babies in the Nicu.
AMELIAS POV
I was waiting for a CT scan when I saw Maggie rush over to me.
"Okay what happened with your mom?" She asked, "she called Derek pissed last night but refused to tell me anything."
"Uh I told her about Arizona and I and she didn't like it. And then Charlotte kinda snapped at her," I chuckled.
"Oh no," Maggie frowned.
"I kicked her out it's fine," I said, "I don't need her to approve of it. I'm an adult. I can love whoever I want."
"Well I'm glad you're okay," Maggie said and hugged me, "And remember we all support you no matter what your mother says."
"Thank you Mags," I smiled and hugged her. Her and Meredith were the sisters I never had. I had sisters, and plenty of them, but they were all like my mother. At least I had Maggie and Meredith. The CT came up and I had to push the patient to surgery. I saw Arizona walking the halls and she smiled at me.
"Remind me to tell you something later," she giggled.
"Okay," I chuckled. I got in the elevator and watched her walk down the hallway. She was adorable.
-
I found Arizona after surgery in the Nicu. The little babies were adorable. I remember when Charlotte was that small. I opened the door and she looked up and smiled.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," she smiled, "look little one. That's my girlfriend Amelia, isn't she pretty?"
"Stop it," I blushed, "who's this little one?"
"This is Michael," she said, "he was born yesterday and I'm doing a check up. Isn't that right?" I smiled at how cute she was with the little humans. She put Michael back down and did a few more checks on other babies and then we left the Nicu.
"So what did want to tell me?" I chuckled.
"You remembered," she smiled.
"Uh huh," I chuckled. She opened the door to her office and she sat down.
"I have an idea," she said.
"Okay," I said.
"You and me in a hotel suite for the weekend. On the beach," she said and handed me her phone.
"The view is amazing," I said and looked at her.
"You can't say no I already booked it and told Derek for the schedules," Arizona chuckled.
"It's a yes anyway," I chuckled, "I just have to see if Charlotte can stay with Derek and Meredith for the weekend."
"Already arranged," she said.
"You're the best," I said.
"I figured you needed a weekend away after what happened with your mom, and I want to take your mind off of it," she said.
"Thank you," I smiled, "so I get to stare at you in a bikini all weekend."
"Me? Hell I get to stare at you!" She chuckled.
"When do we leave?" I asked.
"Friday afternoon," she said.
"Can't wait," I smiled.
"Me too," she said, "I love you Amelia."
"I love you too," I smiled.
CHARLOTTES POV
I walked into the hospital and saw my mom working in the ER.
"Can I help you?" I heard. I turned around and saw who I think I remember to be Owen.
"Oh Charlotte hey," he said, "your mom is over there."
"Yeah she looks busy if you talk to her can you tell he I went up to her office?" I asked.
"Sure," Owen said. I awkwardly walked away and walked down the hallway. I opened the door to my moms office and put my bag down. I grabbed my homework and sat down at her desk and started reading. It was quiet here. I liked it here. I practically grew up here with my cousins. I mean I could tell you the whole floor plan of the hospital, we practically lived in the daycare as children. The door opened and I looked up.
"Hey Amelia I," Arizona paused, "you're not Amelia."
"I'm not," I chuckled.
"Bored?" Arizona said.
"Yeah," I shrugged.
"Wanna go look at newborn babies with me?" She said.
"Yes," I smiled as I got up. We walked down the hallway and into the elevator.
"So how was school?" Arizona asked.
"Annoying. Schools always annoying," I shrugged. The elevator doors opened and we walked into the nursery to see all of the babies.
"They're so cute," I smiled.
"Yeah," Arizona said, "they are." I smiled as I looked back at the babies. I was glad my moms girlfriend was really nice. She finally found someone she loves.