thirty seven

timeline: one week later! Arizonas parents - Barbara and Dan come to visit Seattle.
ARIZONAS POV
My family was coming today! Oh I was so excited. They have met Amelia a bunch of times before at the hospital or at work functions, but never as my fiancé. I also am not sure if they've ever met Charlotte. I mean we've FaceTimed my family a few times on holidays, but this would be the first time all of us are together. It was exciting. I just wish my brother Timothy was here. He was so excited for me to get married. When I told him I was gay he smiled at me, and asked if that meant I would marry a woman, and I said yes. He hugged me and then exclaimed how much he was gonna dance at my wedding. I miss him. I brought up a picture I had of us on my phone. We were 14 and 17. Time flies. I really do miss him more than anything in the world.
"Hey baby are you almost ready?" Amelia asked as she walked into the room but then stopped when she saw what I was looking at.
"Timothy?" She asked me. I nodded.
"Can I sit?" She asked. I nodded again and she sat down and held my hand.
"He was so excited for me to get married some day," I chuckled as I was fighting back the tears, "he couldn't wait to dance at my wedding." Amelia rubbed my back as she put her head on my shoulder.
"I'm sure he's super excited in heaven now, and he's going to party extra hard up there," Amelia said.
"Yeah," I smiled, "can I ask you something?"
"Sure," She said.
"Can we have a moment of silence for Tim at our wedding? I just know how much fun he would be having there, and I want to honor him," I asked.
"Of course we can do that honey," Amelia smiled, "we can do whatever you and your family wants to do to honor Tim."
"Thank you," I smiled as I started crying and I hugged her.
"You're welcome sweetheart. I love you," Amelia said.
"I love you too Ames," I said.
"We do have to get going to the airport though," Amelia said.
"Yes of course," I said. I quickly got dressed and then the three of us got in the car and drove to the airport. We waited at the gate and I eventually saw my parents.
"There they are!" I smiled and grabbed Amelia's arm.
"Arizona!" My mom smiled and hugged me.
"Hi mom," I smiled, "this is my fiancé Amelia and her daughter Charlotte."
"Nice to see you again," Amelia smiled and hugged my mom.
"Hi Charlotte," my mom smiled and hugged her.
"You two are like identical," my dad joked as he saw Amelia and Charlotte.
"She is my mini carbon copy," Amelia joked.
"I'm Dan," my dad said and shook Amelia's hand.
"Amelia," she smiled. We all got in the car and drove home where we were going to eat lunch together. We got out as Amelia parked the car and we walked inside.
"Oh the house is lovely," my mom smiled, "I love the decor."
"Oh that's all Arizona," Amelia chuckled, "she pays way more attention to detail than I do."
"It's true," I chuckled.
"What's for lunch?" Charlotte asked as she hung up her coat.
"I don't know what does everyone want?" I asked.
"Whatever is fine Arizona," My dad said.
"Yeah really we aren't picky," my mom chuckled. We made sandwiches for lunch and all sat down at the table.
"So how are you guys?" My mom smiled, "I hear we have a wedding to plan!" Amelia and I smiled at each other and nodded.
"We do," I smiled.
"And Charlotte how are you? How's school?" My dad asked.
"Boring," Charlotte said.
"Charlotte," Amelia chuckled.
"What? It is boring," Charlotte said.
"What grade are you in?" My mom asked.
"10th grade," Charlotte said, "and despite what my mom says it's boring."
"Okay okay," Amelia chuckled. I smiled as I looked at them. All of my favorite people in one place.
-
Amelia and Charlotte ran to the store real quick to get some ingredients for dinner. My mom insisted on cooking dinner with me for everyone so Amelia and Charlotte went to the store.
"So what do you think?" I asked my mom and dad.
"Oh you know I love them," my mom smiled.
"Yes they're very nice," my dad said.
"Does her mother live in town?" My mom asked.
"Yeah," I said awkwardly, "but they don't talk."
"Estranged?" My dad asked.
"Something like that," I said, "don't ask Charlotte or Amelia about her it's a sour subject."
"Okay," my mom and dad nodded.
"Is she coming to the wedding?" My mom asked.
"I don't know," I said.
"Are you doing something for Tim?" My dad asked.
"Yes Amelia and I talked about that this morning. She said whatever we want to do to honor him is okay with her," I smiled.
"You found a good one honey," my mom smiled, "I am so excited for the wedding!"
"Barbara they do have to plan the wedding still," my dad chuckled.
"Yeah we haven't started anything," I laughed.
"Is charlottes father involved," my dad asked.
"No," I said.
"Divorced?" My mom asked.
"You two are so nosey!" I laughed, "but um he died before Charlotte was born."
"Oh that's horrible," my mom frowned.
"Yeah, she doesn't like talking about that either," I said.
"Noted," they both said. I heard the front door open and Amelia and Charlotte came in.
"We're back!" Amelia smiled. Her and Charlotte unpackaged the groceries and my mom and I started making the dish for dinner. I was so glad everyone was getting along.