thirty two

Timeline: a month later
AMELIAS POV
"Charlotte were going to be late!" I yelled as I grabbed my keys. Arizona was already at work from working the night shift and I was talking Charlotte to school before work.
"I'm coming I'm sorry!" She said as she walked downstairs and grabbed her coat and backpack. We got in the car and started driving.
"Can we get coffee?" Charlotte asked.
"You're running late and wanna make a stop?" I chuckled.
"Please?" Charlotte asked.
"Sure," I said. We drove through the drive thru and I got us two coffees. I started driving to her school and I went through a green light, but someone must have ran the red from the other direction because a car slammed into my side and our car spun around. Our car stopped moving and I looked over at Charlotte.
"Are you okay?" I managed to get out. Oh my god my body was in so much pain. There was so much glass. I couldn't get out of the car the door was too far dented in.
"Mom!" Charlotte said as she unbuckled. She looked okay. She had a few cuts but she was okay.
"Char," I said weakly.
"I'm calling 911," she said and scrambled to find her phone. God I was in so much pain. I just wanted to close my eyes but I knew I had to stay awake. I feared if I closed my eyes I wouldn't wake up.
CHARLOTTES POV
We were just in a car accident. My mom is so weak and barely talking and I'm so scared. I just called 911 and I think some guy who saw the crash was on the phone too. I was crying as I looked at my mom.
"Charlotte," she said softly.
"Yes?" I said.
"Don't let me," she said, "don't let me close my eyes."
"Okay," I nodded and grabbed her hand, "I won't okay?"
"I'll be okay," she said, "but if."
"Don't say it," I said crying.
"I love you," she said.
"Mommy," I started crying, "I love you too." We heard sirens and I looked at all the glass in the car. The doctors would help her. They wouldn't let her die. She works there. They'd do everything they could right?
"Char," my mom said.
"Yes?" I said.
"There's a ring," she said.
"A ring?" I said confused.
"For Arizona," she cried, "make sure she gets it if I don't make it."
"Where is it?" I asked.
"My end table," she said.
"Okay," I said, "mom just stay awake okay? Look the ambulance is right there okay?"
"Okay," she said. The ambulance pulled up and I got out.
"Please help my mom," I cried. They ran over to her side and helped her out and put her on a stretcher. The paramedics drove me to the hospital with them and we got out in the ER.
"Charlotte? What are you doing here? You're bleeding!" Arizona said as she ran over to me, "sweetheart what happened?"
"My mom," I cried and looked over at her being pushed into Trauma 1 and Owen and April running in. Arizona ran in and I think April yelled at her to get out.
"What happened?" Arizona asked me.
"It's my fault," I cried, "I wanted to get coffee before school if I just made coffee at home we wouldn't be running late."
"Why don't we get you cleaned up and we can talk okay?" Arizona asked and brought me into a patient room. I couldn't stop crying.
"I'm really fine can I see my mom I just have a few cuts Arizona," I said.
"Hey look at me," Arizona said softly, "I know you're scared okay? And you have every right to be, but you have to let Owen and April do their jobs okay? They are the best trauma doctors here. You don't want to get in their way right? I know Owen and April really well, they won't let her die I promise."
"Okay," I nodded.
"Let's get you cleaned up now," Arizona said and cleaned my cuts, "do you want to tell me what happened."
"Someone ran a red light and hit my moms side of the car," I said, "is she going to be okay?" I could tell Arizona was worried too so I should probably stop telling her everything that happened.
"She'll be okay," Arizona said. The door opened and it was my Uncle Derek.
"Where's your mom?" He asked me, "I heard she was checked into the ER? What happened are you okay?"
"We got into a car accident," I cried and he hugged me.
"Amelias in Trauma 1," Arizona said.
"Who's in there," Derek asked.
"April and Owen," Arizona said.
"Okay," Derek said, "I'm gonna send Meredith down to see you okay Charlotte?"
"Okay," I nodded. He left to go check on my mom and I hugged Arizona.
"It's my fault I'm sorry," I cried. It was my fault. If I wasn't running so late today and asked for coffee we wouldn't have been at that intersection today. Or if I got ready earlier we wouldn't have been there at that time.
"Charlotte it's not your fault," Arizona said, "I promise. It's the other drivers fault. Was he brought in?" I nodded.
"Okay," Arizona said, "do you want to go wait in the waiting room for your mom?"
"Yeah," I nodded. As we were walking I thought about what my mom said. There's a ring.