fifty one

Trigger warning: abuse
CHARLOTTES POV
I grabbed my car keys and ran out to my car. I drove over to Tara's house and picked her up.
"Oooh you look nice," Tara smiled, "new boy?"
"No," I chuckled.
"You need a boyfriend," Tara said.
"You've never had a boyfriend," I joked.
"Fair," Tara said, "whatever happened with Luke you were head over heels for him. And he's literally gorgeous."
"We just want different things. We didn't really click," I lied. I wasn't going to tell her what happened. It made me a little uneasy that Luke was going to be there but he probably found a new girl to have sex with so he won't even be bothered with me. I won't give him what he wants so he better have moved on. I parked on the street and Tara and I got out. We walked inside and found some of our friends to hang out with. I just hoped it would be okay.
-
"Hey," I heard. I turned around to see Luke. Fuck.
"Hi," I said.
"Can we go somewhere and talk?" He said. I can't be alone with him.
"Why can't we talk here?" I said.
"I need to apologize and it should be in private," he said. He was apologizing. That's a good sign. I can go with him for a few minutes.
"Tara I'm going down the hall I'll be right back," I said.
"Okay," she said. I followed Luke down the hallway.
"I'm sorry about last time," he said, "I was drunk and that wasn't good."
"Thanks," I said.
"You're sure you don't want to though?" He asked as his hands grabbed my waist. Oh my god I fell for it. His stupid apology. He opened the nearest door and pushed us inside. He pushed me up against the wall and I tried to push him off me but I was so weak compared to him.
"Luke I don't want to," I said.
"Yes you do," he said.
"My moms coming to pick me up soon, she'll be mad if I don't answer my phone," I lied. He slapped my face. Hard. It hurt so much.
"Stop lying you drove here yourself," he said.
"I don't want to have sex with you," I said. He slapped me again.
"Charlotte? You okay? You've been gone a while," I heard Tara say down the hall.
"That's why you told her where you were going. You don't trust me you stupid bitch," he said.
"I won't tell her any of this happened please," I said, "just go." He punched me in the stomach and I cried in pain. He punched me a few more times and left the room. I couldn't stop crying. Everything hurt. The door opened and it was Tara.
"What happened?" Tara said as she knelt down next to me, "Charlotte can you talk? Look at me." I looked up at her and she grabbed her phone.
"You're bleeding we need an ambulance," she said.
"No we don't I'm fine," I said.
"Charlotte you're going to the hospital," she said and called 911.
"Hi my friend needs an ambulance she's bleeding and has some injuries. Please get here soon," Tara said on the phone.
"Call my mom," I managed to get out.
"Okay," she said, "the ambulance is coming you have to stay awake."
"I'm trying," I said. Everything hurt so bad.
AMELIAS POV
I was looking at a CT scan with Derek when my phone rang. I looked and it was Tara. That was weird Tara never called me.
"Hey Tara, everything okay?" I said.
"Charlotte's hurt were coming to the hospital now," she said crying.
"What happened?" I said frantically and got up, "are you coming to the ER?"
"We're in an ambulance," Tara said.
"What happened?" I asked.
"I don't know she went to go talk to this boy and she was gone for a while so I went to go check on her and I found her bleeding," Tara said sobbing, "are you working?"
"I'm coming to the ER now okay? I'll meet you there," I said. I started running. I think Derek heard my conversation because he was following me. The ER doors opened and my heart stopped. She was on a gurney. I saw Tara getting out with an EMT.
"Charlotte!" I yelled and tried to run after her but I felt arms around my waist.
"Derek let me go please!" I cried.
"Let them do their job Amelia," Derek said, "I know you want to go but you have to let April help her."
"Let me go!" I yelled at him. I started crying as he held me and I saw Tara walking into the ER.
"Derek April said she can come in," Owen said. Derek let go of me and I ran into Trauma 1.
"Charlotte!" I said crying. I grabbed her hand and she looked over at me.
"Mommy," she said quietly.
"Baby girl you're okay," I said and kissed her head, "it's going to be okay."
"She needs surgery," April said.
"Where?" I said.
"She has internal bleeding near the abdomen," April said.
"Charlotte look at me," I said crying, "when you go in for surgery you're sterile and everything that happened tonight goes away. You need to tell me if anything else happened."
"He only hit me he didn't do anything else," Charlotte said.
"Promise?" I said.
"I promise," Charlotte said.
"Amelia you need to sign this," April said and handed me a form. I signed it and Charlotte squeezed my hand.
"I love you okay?" I said.
"I love you too," she said, "am I going to be okay?"
"Charlotte we just have to do some internal stitching, you'll be just fine okay?" April said.
"Okay," Charlotte said. She looked so scared it broke my heart.
"I got paged?" Arizona asked as she opened the door and she froze.
"What happened?" Arizona said, "April is she okay?"
"She needs surgery for internal bleeding and we need to move now," April said. They took her up to surgery and I hugged Arizona tightly.
"What happened Ames?" Arizona said. I started crying and she held me.
"I have to go talk to her friend I'll be right back," I said.
"Okay," Arizona said. I ran out into the hallway and saw Tara waiting in a chair alone. I walked over to her and she got up and hugged me.
"I am so glad you are my daughters best friend. Thank you for being a good friend and getting her help," I said and hugged her.
"Is she going to be okay? Where are they taking her?" Tara asked. I sat down next to her.
"She has some internal bleeding so they just need to stop the bleeding," I explained.
"Okay," Tara said, "so she'll be okay?"
"She'll be okay. Have you called your parents? Do you want me to call someone for you?" I asked.
"I wanna wait for Charlotte," she said, "but my parents are on their way to wait with me."
"Okay," I said, "thank you for calling 911, and me."
"I just hope she's okay," Tara said. I hugged her tightly.
"Me too," I said.