fifty six

AMELIAS POV
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"We need to talk," she said, "alone."
"Ames honey who's at the door?" Arizona asked from the kitchen.
"Say one mean thing to her and I'll kill you," I said to my mom. I walked into the kitchen by myself and Arizona looked at me.
"You okay?" She asked.
"My mom is here and she wants to talk to me so we'll be in the office," I said.
"Okay," she said, "is everything okay?"
"I don't know why she's here," I said, "I'll see you in a little bit." I kissed her and met my mom in the home office.
"Why are you here?" I asked as I closed the door.
"You got married," she said.
"I got married like 4 months ago," I said, "thanks for noticing I guess?"
"How could you go marry another woman? And I found out from a screenshot of your Facebook page from your sister!" She yelled at me.
"I told you that you weren't invited, why are you surprised?" I said.
"I didn't think you were stupid enough to actually do it Amelia! I thought your stupid bisexual fantasy would go away!" She said.
"It's not stupid and it's not a fantasy she's my wife," I defended.
"Why can't you be normal? Why do you always have to be the problem child?" She said.
"Kathleen is still single," I said.
"Well she isn't running around with another woman," she said.
"If you're homophobic just say it," I said.
"How can you set this example for your daughter? I mean seriously? You're delusional Amelia," she said.
"I'm not 'setting an example' I married the person I loved. It was about love not that she's a woman. Charlotte is free to love whoever she wants, and she knows that. That's the example I'm setting, acceptance. Something you clearly can't show," I said.
"You're such a disrespectful child it's amazing you're related to your bother," she rolled her eyes.
"I'm not a child anymore I'm literally 42," I said. She looked over and saw the wedding photo of Arizona and I. Shit.
"How can you say that's normal!" She yelled at me, "you're such a freak! Thank god your father wasn't here to walk you down the isle because he would have hated giving you to another woman!"
"Get out of my house," I said. I felt like I couldn't breathe. She didn't say anything.
"GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HOUSE BEFORE I KILL YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS!" I screamed at her.
ARIZONAS POV
I put all the dishes away and cleaned the counters. I could hear Amelia and Carolyn yelling at each other but I couldn't tell what they were saying. Someone walked into the kitchen and it was Charlotte.
"Is Carolyn here?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HOUSE BEFORE I KILL YOU WITH MY BAREHANDS!" Amelia screamed.
"I'll be right back," I said and ran down the hallway. I opened the door and they both looked at me. Amelia looked so mad. I've never seen her this angry before.
"Carolyn I think it's time for you to go," I said softly. She rolled her eyes and walked out. I went to wrap my arms around Amelia and she pushed me away and ran upstairs. Carolyn left and Charlotte came down the hall.
"Do you know what she said?" Charlotte asked.
"No," I said.
"Probably something about her dad," Charlotte said, "it's her weak point with her."
"Okay. I'll go check on her okay?" I said and hugged her.
"Okay," Charlotte said. I walked upstairs and tried to open the bedroom door but it was locked.
"Amelia," I said. I could heard crying inside.
"Amelia open the door," I said and knocked. She opened the door but didn't look at me. She sat down on the floor in the bathroom next to the tub and continued crying.
"Amelia," I frowned, "let me hold you."
"Leave me alone," Amelia said softly.
"Ames I want to be here for you," I said.
"LEAVE ME ALONE," she yelled at me.
"Okay," I said, "I'll be downstairs." She cried harder as I left and went downstairs.
"You might have better luck," I said to Charlotte.
CHARLOTTES POV
My grandma came over unexpected and argued with my mom. She was super upset and kicked Arizona out. I walked upstairs and she was curled in a ball crying in the bathroom. I hated how my grandmother always made her feel like this.
"Hey mom," I said softly. She didn't say anything and I went to go sit down next to her.
"I don't want you to hurt yourself go sit on the bed," she said softly.
"Okay," I said. I was still sore but I walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed. She wiped her eyes as she looked up at me.
"What did she say?" I asked.
"It doesn't matter," she said.
"Yes it does," I said.
"It was about my dad," she said.
"I'm sorry," I said.
"And now I yelled at Arizona," she sighed, "I'm not supposed to be the one falling apart."
"You're allowed to fall apart," I said.
"Is she mad at me?" She asked.
"Arizona?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said.
"I don't think so," I said, "I can go get her."
"Please," she said. I got up and hugged her as she kissed my head.
"I love you Char," she said.
"I love you too mom," I said. I walked downstairs and Arizona was sitting at the kitchen table.
"She was asking for you," I said softly, "she feels really bad about yelling."
"Okay," Arizona said, "thanks for talking to her." Arizona hugged me and then went upstairs.
ARIZONAS POV
I walked into the bathroom and Amelia was running the water in the bathroom.
"Hey," I said softly.
"Hey," she said as she turned around, "I'm sorry for yelling."
"It's okay, you're mad it's okay," I said and kissed her temple.
"Wanna take a bath?" She asked.
"Of course," I said. We both got undressed and she sat in front of me in the tub.
"Are you mad at me," she asked quietly.
"I'm not mad at you Ames," I said.
"Promise?" She asked.
"Promise," I said.
"Okay," she sniffled.
"Ames honey it's okay," I said softly and wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to me in the bath, "everything's okay."