forty six

ARIZONAS POV
"Arizona," Amelia said.
"What?" I mumbled.
"I have to get going," Amelia said.
"Where?" I asked as I opened my eyes and she was getting dressed.
"The car dealership remember?" Amelia said, "I have to get Charlottes car, someones following me home with it." Today was Charlottes 16th birthday and Amelia got her a car that she can drive hopefully after she passes her drivers test.
"If she asks I went to get paperwork at the hospital or something. I should be home in 20," Amelia said and kissed my head.
"She's gonna be so excited," I said.
"I know right," Amelia grinned, "she better pass this stupid test."
"She will, we let her drive a bunch she's gotten a lot of good practice," I said.
"True," Amelia said, "oh my gosh I'm so nervous for her."
"Just go get the car," I laughed and she went downstairs. I got up and got dressed and walked downstairs. About ten minutes later Charlotte came downstairs.
"Happy Birthday!" I smiled and hugged her.
"Thanks," she smiled.
"Are you excited for your test?" I asked.
"Nervous," she said, "is my mom asleep."
"She had to go get paperwork from the hospital, she should be home in 10 minutes," I said.
"Okay cool," she said.
"Want any special birthday breakfast before the big test?" I offered.
"Hm, chocolate chip pancakes," she said.
"Sounds good," I said.
AMELIAS POV
Charlotte's car was parked on the street with a red bow on it. Oh my god she's going to be so surprised. I told her she wasn't getting a car yet just to make the surprise even more of a surprise. I unlocked the front door and walked inside.
"Good morning birthday girl!" I smiled and hugged her, "happy 16th!"
"Thanks mom," She smiled.
"Can you help me grab something out of my car before we drive to your test?" I asked.
"Sure," she said. I opened the front door and she looked out and her mouth dropped.
"Is that for me?" She asked. I dangled the keys and smiled.
"As long as you pass it's yours," I said, "Happy birthday from Arizona and I."
"THANK YOU GUYS!" Charlotte smiled and hugged us, "oh my gosh it's the one I wanted too!" I smiled as Arizona and I walked outside and watched her admire it. She was so happy.
"You did good Ames," Arizona smiled and kissed my cheek.
"Hey you helped pick it out too," I said and kissed her, "we did good." She smiled and we walked over to Charlotte.
"Assuming you like it?" I joked.
"I love it!" She giggled and hugged me, "thank you mom."
"You're welcome," I said.
"Thank you too Arizona," she said and hugged Arizona. I smiled as I took a picture of Charlotte in her new car and then we went back inside.
"You better pass that test today," I joked.
"I'm nervous," Charlotte frowned.
"If you fail we'll just practice more. It's not the end of the world," Arizona said.
"Did you guys pass on the first try?" Charlotte asked.
"I did," Arizona said.
"I shouldn't have I ran over a curb. But I passed anyway," I chuckled.
"You didn't," Arizona chuckled.
"I was parallel parking and went right up onto the curb," I laughed.
"Mom," Charlotte chuckled.
"I think I've improved since then," I said.
"Eh," Charlotte shrugged, "no."
"Hey!" I laughed and hugged her.
-
Charlotte was currently taking her drivers test and Arizona and I were waiting in the parking lot. I was so nervous for her.
"I hope she passes," I said, "she'll be so crushed if she doesn't."
"I'm sure she's doing good, we prepared her," Arizona said.
"I can't believe she'll be driving on her own now," I said, "it's scary."
"I know it is, but it is part of growing up. Think about how excited you were to get your license," Arizona said.
"Yeah then I just drove myself to get high," I said.
"She's not getting high," Arizona said.
"I know," I said. The doors to the place opened and Charlotte came out. She didn't look happy but she didn't look sad.
"Oh she's so playing with us right now," Arizona chuckled. Charlotte opened my door and I looked at her.
"Can Seattle's newest licensed driver drive home?" She smiled.
"Oh my god!" I smiled and hugged her tightly, "you passed! Congrats!"
"Good job! See? We knew you could do it," Arizona said and Charlotte smiled. I got up and hugged her and motioned towards the seat.
"Don't kill us on the way home," I said and got in the back seat.
"I won't," Charlotte said, "Ooh this is weird being able to actually drive."
"And we put your mom in the back seat," Arizona joked.
"Hey!" I said.
"Yeah no backseat driving mom," Charlotte said.
"Don't make me change my mind," I chuckled. And with that she pulled out and started driving. This made me a little more comfortable with her driving by herself. She was relaxed and knew what she was doing. She parked in the driveway and we walked inside.
"I need to take a picture of you grab your license and go by your car," I laughed.
"What are you gonna make a Facebook post?" She made fun of me.
"Shut up and go outside," I laughed. I took a few photos of her and gave the phone to Arizona to take a few of us together. I was proud of her. She passed her test and now she was driving on her own. It was scary but my baby girl was growing up. I had to let her eventually.