fifty eight

CHARLOTTES POV
Shit. Oh my god someone was home. I think it was Arizona.
"Charlotte?" Arizona said. I stayed silent and I felt her sit up against the other side of the door that I was on. School was awful. I figured I could just come home and when Arizona and my mom came home I could just act like I went for the whole day because they wouldn't know.
"Was school not so good?" Arizona asked. It was awful. Everyone kept calling me names and everyone was staring at me. Well not everyone, but just all the jerky guys. I didn't make it past second period. It was pathetic.
"Charlotte can you please say something so I know you're okay?" Arizona asked.
"I'm okay," I sniffled.
"What happened today?" Arizona asked.
"Everyone is just so mean. It's all the popular boys. They're so mean," I said crying.
"Can you open the door?" She asked. I reluctantly opened the door and she got up and hugged me.
"Hey it'll be okay," she said and hugged me tightly, "I love you."
"I love you too," I said, "can you please not tell my mom about this?"
"Charlotte, she's your mother, she wants to know," Arizona said.
"She can't," I frowned, "she's already stressed and worried about me she doesn't need more."
"She loves you so much. She wants you to be happy. We both want you to be happy. I promise she wants to help you, hiding your pain from her isn't helping anybody," Arizona said.
"Please," I said.
"Let's sit somewhere more comfortable okay?" Arizona said. I nodded as we went to my room and sat down on my bed.
"You have to tell your mom," Arizona said.
"She doesn't need to know," I said softly, "she tries so hard to make everything so perfect and can't she just think it is? I don't want her to worry about my anymore. I see what it does to her."
"Charlotte, she worries about you because she loves you. She's your mom. She's going to worry about you every day of your life. That's what moms are for. Your mother knows life isn't perfect. We both know that. She needs to know," Arizona said.
"She'll be disappointed," I frowned.
"No she won't," Arizona said.
"I don't know what to do," I admitted, "I'm only a sophomore I'll have to deal with this forever."
"Your mom and I could talk to the school. If you give us the names of the people we can help you," she said.
"Okay," I said. I grabbed a sticky note off my desk and scribbled the names of the 5 boys down and handed it to her.
"It's everyone?" She asked. I nodded. Arizonas phone buzzed and I figured it was my mom.
"Is it my mom?" I asked.
"Uh yeah I'm just gonna tell her I got distracted at home or something," Arizona said.
"Why are you here anyway?" I chuckled.
"I came to get notes for a case," she chuckled, "but I could say the same to you."
"Hey we've been over that," I said.
"Will you be okay here if I go back to work?" Arizona asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"Okay, love you," she said and kissed my head.
"Love you too," I said.
AMELIAS POV
"Hey we need to talk about something," Arizona said as she opened the door to the CT room. I looked up at the scan and looked over at her.
"Did I do something?" I asked.
"No," she said and sat down, "is there a patient in there?"
"No im just looking at a scan," I said.
"When I went home Charlotte was home," Arizona said.
"What? She didn't go to school?" I frowned.
"She did, but she came home after her first class. She said a lot of guys were being mean to her and she just wanted to come home. She obviously didn't know I would come back and fine her," Arizona said, "she was really upset."
"I wish we knew who was saying these mean things to her. I wish she would let us go to the school and talk to someone. She doesn't deserve any of this," I sighed.
"She gave me names," Arizona said.
"She did?" I said, "we can go to the school?"
"Yup," Arizona said and handed me a piece of paper.
"Maybe things will get better for her," I said, "I'm gonna call the school on my next break."
"Sounds like a good idea Ames," Arizona said and kissed my cheek.
"Thank you for talking to her," I said, "and for telling me."
"Of course honey," Arizona said.
"Wanna go watch Maggie's open heart surgery with me?" I said.
"Sure," Arizona said. We walked up to the gallery and sat down next to each other. I hoped when I called Charlotte's school they would put a stop to this. Charlotte doesn't deserve any of this. I just hope by calling and speaking to someone it'll help.