6 I Lost Daigo

Previously

Previously.... (Also I skipped the bey festival scene) 

Daigo...?

[Y/N'S POV] 

I checked the classroom, maybe Daigo went back to the class to work with the teacher. But when I asked the teacher, she only shook her head. 
"Sorry Y/N, Daigo never came here" I tried not to look disappointed. I thanked her anyway and headed out of the classroom. I turned my head forward but before anything else happened. 

Bam. 

I fell to the ground with a thump. 
"I am so so sorry" I heard a familiar voice. I looked up. Standing before me was my white-haired friend. Shu held out his hand. I took his hand and he pulled me up. 
"I thought you were training for the nationals" I tilted my head. He shrugged. 
"The nationals aren't that close" He pointed out, and in a softer voice, "I've also been worried about you" I blinked wildly. 
"Me?" I spoke. He scratched the back of his neck. 
"Yeah, I found how you didn't get a letter very strange, you're a talented blader" My cheeks went slightly pink. Does he think I'm a talented blader? I felt horrible for not telling him about my spot at the nationals. 

Flashback

Ding. 

I had a notification. I was on my way down the stairs to check for Daigo in the classroom. I stopped at the end of the stairs and pulled out my phone. It was an email from Zac. I opened my phone and read it in my head. 

Hello, young star! 

You still might be wrapping your head around the call we had yesterday. But I must inform you that the staff doesn't want anyone to know, they feel like it's for the best, so no one feels discouraged, if you know what I mean, how they picked you out of all bladers. (don't get me wrong, you shine like a star ✨ ) I'm hoping to meet you tomorrow, I'll be expecting you to come to the qualification matches, your friend twinkle toes is battling correct? 

-Zac the Sunrise ✨ 

I was pretty sure "twinkle toes" is Valt, and yeah, I was planning to watch his match. Never thought I would interact with such good bladers like Zac, no offense Shu ( :3 ) I've seen his bey in action, it was super cool, wonder if I get to battle him. I smiled and replied to his email: 

Hey Zac! 

Don't worry, I haven't told anyone about it yet, and yes, I'll be at the match 

-Y/N 

Didn't know what else to say so I clicked send. After the email was sent I shoved my phone into my pocket and continued my search for Daigo.