23 I It's Beautiful

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ We can beat you ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

╰┈➤"𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞" 𝐙𝐚𝐜 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

╰┈➤"𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞" 𝐙𝐚𝐜 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭. "𝐎𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐡𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭, 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲" He frowned. Y/N had just told her captain about the situation with Orochi. "I guess we will need a replacement for him if we want to be able to compete" Y/N pointed to the black and white-haired boy next to her, who had a curious expression. 

"What about him?" She offered. Ren looked taken aback, eyes wide in shock. He pointed to himself, blinking a couple of times to make sure he heard correctly. 
"M-Me?" He stuttered. "Against Beigoma?" Zac brightened up and clapped his hands together happily. He put his arms out to the side and gave the team jazz hands. 
"Perfecto!" He beamed, pointing a finger at Ren, and posed. "Please be our extra blader! You are strong!" The dark-eyed boy blushed out of embarrassment from the praise. "We can beat them for sure!" Ren stared at the ground for a couple of seconds, coming up with a decision. 
"Come on Ren! If you get back into blading, it would make things so much more fun! I love more competition!" The (h/c) haired girl next to him nudged the boy. Everything was quiet as Ren continued to think, putting a hand on his chin as he continued to stare at the ground. A small chuckle escaped from his lips as he looked back up at the team with a bright smile on his face. 
"Let's do this!" He beamed. The whole team made an 'o' with their mouth, exchanging looks with each other, then grinned. 
"Sweet!" Y/N cheered, slapping the poor boy hard on the back, making him hunch forward with a grunt. 
"but..." Ren's voice trailed off, Y/N's smile turned into a straight face. "I'll have to start from the bottom again, which is fine with me!" He gave his new team a wide grin. "Let's go beat some Beigoma ass!" 

-TIME SKIP-

The sunset was beautiful. Shu and Y/N were walking home together from the stadium after dropping by the cafe to get something to eat. They walked side by side along the street towards Y/N's house, as the (h/c) haired girl swallowed a bit of her (Favorite pastry). The wind was blowing in the direction they were walking, so the wind wasn't blowing at the (h/c) haired girl's face. The sun was just on the horizon, clouds were fluffy white tinted with a little bit of pink. The skies were a beautiful orange, pink, and yellow, the street lamps were starting to turn on one by one. There were lots of chatter as the two bladers continued to walk through town, towards the neighborhood, a small number of houses were in sight. 
"Why aren't you eating your cookie?" Y/N turned her head to the albino who stared straight ahead of them, breaking the awkward silence. The red-eyed boy just shrugged and snatched the back of his neck. 
"You know" He spoke up, completely ignoring the question Y/N had just asked. "Why are we walking home together when we are about to become opponents tomorrow?" This question caught her off guard, she blinked. What does he mean? Even though we're rivals, does that mean we can't be friends or something? 
"What makes you think that?" The (h/c) haired girl asks, her gaze turned to Shu, who didn't look back at her. 
"I don't know, it's weird if they're your opponents-"
"Shut the childish talk" She interrupted him, causing the snow-head to halt to a stop right there on the spot. This made Shu turn towards her with a shocked yet angered expression. The girl was standing there, unmoving.
"Pardon?" Y/N was staring at the ground, she balled her fists around the water bottle she had in her left hand. She didn't dare make eye contact with the older boy. 
"I said, 'quit the childish talk" She repeated, finally looking up, only to find the boy staring back at her with his eyes wide and a single eyebrow raised. "So what if we're rivals? We can't be friends or something? I don't see you say anything like that to Valt" She said, her tone had an edge of coldness to it. Shu flinched at her harsh tone, he took a small step closer to her, his gaze was as cold as Y/N's voice. 
"Look, maybe rivals aren't meant to be friends, after all-"
"After all what?" The (h/c) haired girl snapped, dropping her water bottle, Shu looked taken aback, he froze right there at the spot, unable to move.  "Are you saying that if someone is a blader, you can't be their friend?!" She continued, looking the boy dead in the eye. 
"No of course not-"
"That's what I'm hearing!" She continued to cut the boy off before he even got a chance to talk. Shu suddenly reached forward and shoved the girl back, causing her to stagger a couple of steps behind her. She could see the anger rising in Shu, he didn't make eye contact with the (h/c) haired girl. 
"Why does it matter to you?" Shu rose his voice. Y/N stared at the ground, she could see tears starting to fall from her cheek, watching it slowly fall to the ground, a few more followed that tear. She did a large gulp before whispering.

 "Because I want to be your friend" It was so quiet, Shu could barely hear it. The albino froze, eyes wide in shock, his anger started to die, his once balled-up fists released. The (h/c) haired girl sniffled and wiped the tears out of her eyes. 
"I've never yelled like that before" She murmured letting out a small light-hearted laugh before feeling a warm embrace from a certain albino, catching her off guard. Shu rested his head on top of hers as he pulled her in tighter, lightly rubbing her back. His embrace felt warm, welcoming, and comforting. Y/N took a couple of seconds to process what was happening before she hugged him back, wrapping her arms around the albino boy. The world around her seems to have faded. She wasn't on the street she was walking down anymore, it felt like the sky, it was warm. 
"I-I'm sorry, for calling you childish, I'm the childish one-
"No, Y/N, I'm sorry" It was his turn to interrupt the (h/c) haired girl. "I would love to have you as my friend" The girl sniffled and pulled away from the albino head. The moon was just coming out, and the sky was already a pretty shade of dark blue, stars are starting to appear, and street lights were starting to glow. Shu placed a hand on Y/N's head and turned it towards the direction of the moon. 
"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" The white-haired boy blushed as he said it, snatching the back of his neck, little did he know Y/N knew what it meant, someone random confessed to her the same way during elementary school, in her 5th year. She had rejected that person, but this time, she couldn't help but blush. (BTW, 'The moon is beautiful, isn't it?' means 'I love you')
"It is" She replied. 

Without another word, they both continued to walk down the street without speaking to one another, clearly embarrassed and feeling awkward. Oh boy, how am I going to face him in battle tomorrow? Y/N though, her cheeks turning pink. What if he was confessing to me? Or maybe he was just saying the moon was pretty, phrases confuse me sometimes, does he know the meaning or not? The (h/c) haired girl was overthinking things, again

I I   1276 words   I I

Bonus: 

The (h/c) haired girl laid on her bed and recalled the events today. She covered her face with her hands and let out a loud sigh, rolling onto her stomach, her face was facing the blanket. Shu's image continued to appear in her head. He was smiling, and waving at her. Ugh. She shook her head quickly to remove the image, her cheeks were bright pink. Y/N wasn't even under the blankets as she felt herself drifting off to sleep, slowly. Her eyes became heavy as they slowly closed, everything became dark, as the night continued to pass. 

Tomorrow is the finals, and hopefully, I can go up against Shu. I may have a crush on him, but that doesn't mean I'm not out to beat him. 

Okay, so I plan is to make this book go all the way to the end of evolution (which is pretty far from where the story is right now haha) Anyway, so this is going to be a long book, but that's just the way I like it. (I love long books, you can enjoy them further :D) I'm writing with as much detail as possible. Anyway, thank you so much for 4.8k reads! I'm just telling you my plan so you know what to expect, okay, see you in the next chapter! (I'm graduating in two weeks, so I have the whole summer to write :D) 

8k reads! I'm just telling you my plan so you know what to expect, okay, see you in the next chapter! (I'm graduating in two weeks, so I have the whole summer to write :D)