CHAPTER 21

CHAPTER 21

MINGYU POV.

When I arrived at Mr. And Mrs. Kang house, I immediately pick her up for our date. The bouquet of roses that I'm holding, slowly handed to her and open her a door to get in.

She smiled at me before hopping inside. I walked around the car and hopped in. The whole ride is kind awkward since we're being swallowed by the heavy and awkward silence.

I don't know how to start a conversation since I'm not that talkative much and doesn't know how to start a conversation with someone I just met.

But, I'm a man after all.. it's always has ben the mans who will adjust and that's what I hate the most.

Since I couldn't take the heavy atmosphere, I decided to speak.

"Uhm, hey/Hi.." We both said in unison and both stopped just to stare at each other before laughing awkwardly.

"You go first." I told her and she smiled and nodded her head.

Then, suddenly, Wonwoo's text from awhile suddenly flashed back that made me silent while the lady besides me spoke some random topic.

They're backstabbing you.

Me? Us? Why? Why would they?

Ah, I get it. Because of the money, yeah?

"Hey, are you listening?" I averted my eyes at her face and looks at her in confusion.

"Y-Yeah. Continue." I replied before she beamed a smile and continued to tell some random story.

It didn't take that long until we arrived at the luxurious restaurant owned by them. I got out and opened her a door before she hopped inside and handed her my arms as she slowly wrapped her arms around it.

We proceeded inside and went to VIP room and ordered a food that were going to eat.

"So, how's the family Kim?" She started before sipping a wine on her glass. I did the same before answering her.

We continue to chit-chats before I noticed something is off. There's a few people inside that keeps on looking at us that gives me a weird feeling.

My phone vibrates once again before I fished for my phone inside of my pocket and took a quick glance from the ID caller before pressing the answer button.

"Excuse me. I'm just going to answer this." I excused before placing my phone next to my ears and walked towards of the bathroom.

"Yes?" I locked the door from the inside and checked each cubicle if there's someone's using it and when I confirmed that there's no one, I sighed in relief.

[The daughter got a bad plan something with you. She wants to kill you.] Wonwoo from the other line said.

"Why are you doing this to me? Why are you helping me?" That made the other line quietly. It took him few seconds before answering me.

[Because you're my secretary. The trusted secretary I have that I can't bare to loose.] He explained.

"Okay..." The reason isn't enough for me to buy it.

[I want you to listen..] He continued. He explained me everything along with his plans that I immediately agreed on before I exited the bathroom area and went back to our table.