CHAPTER 46

CHAPTER 46

MINGYU'S POV.

IT'S BEEN A WEEK and everything goes back to normal. I continue on working under the new company I applied few weeks from now and Wonwoo will fetch me up when it's lunch break to take me out and eat with me. Nothing happened after that. Every month, I'll go visit the doctor while Wonwoo is with me. He's always there and didn't even leave my side.

And later that day, I came to visit my mom and father. Wonwoo is still with me.

"I'm sorry from what I acted last time." I started and sighed. I looked up and saw my mom, caressing my father's arm. I diverted my gazes and lay my eyes on my father.

"But I won't accept the marriage.." I tightened my hold on Wonwoo's hands under the table which, I think he noticed right away.

"Why not?" There's a warning on his voice but I avoided it.

"Because I already love someone." I said in a matter of fact tone.

"And who is it?" The living room went silent for moment before taking a quick peak on Wonwoo besides me.

"It's Wonwoo.." I bravely raised my face and stared at them on the eyes. There's a hint of shock and disappointment spread all over my father's face. He looks like he couldn't believe what he heard. He looks like he can't believe his son likes Ken too.

"Yes. You heard it right. I like a man." I repeated and raised my hand where I hold Wonwoo's hand. I turned to look at my mother besides him and she's looking at me with her shock face.

"I can't believe this! You're not supposed to like men!" Father shouted in disbelief.

I scoffed. "And you're not the one who controls my feelings and decisions in life." I retorted back, voice in a lower tone.

"That's abnormal! It's a sin! It's disgusting! It's an embarrassment! Shameful!" He throws all the painful word he could think of like a child throwing his tantrums but I didn't give a fuck.

"It's not a sin! It's not abnormal! It's not shameful! It's not an embarrassment! It's only the society looks at it that way! It's only those close minded people who looks at it that way! There's no saying that loving the same gender as you is a sin! Chosing what you wanna be isn't shameful, abnormal and embarrassment! There's nothing wrong with it!" Father only scoffed and looked at us intensely.

"It's a sin on the bible!" He sneers.

I smirked sarcastically. "There's no saying in the bible that chosing what you wanna be is a sin."

He shake his head. Still not surrending. "Homosexual is a sin!"

"The word homosexuality wasn't added until 1946. But y'all ain't ready for that. The word it replaced was arsekonoitai which translated to child molester, not homosexual. So that means, your homophobia is man-made, and has nothing to with God!" Dad released heavy breaths while mom held his arms to make him sit down.

Wonwoo, on the other hand, is only holding my hand, supporting me.

"You're a disappointment to this family, Mingyu. You're an embarrassment. You shamed us." He, then, pointed at me.

"I won't claim you as my son anymore." Mom immediately stood up and looked at my father, shady.

"How dare you say that to you, son?!" Father, then, looks at her.

"He's an embarrassment to this family! I don't want him here anymore. I don't claim him as my son starting from now on! I don't have a gay son!" And, with that, he received a slap from my mother. The impact echoed the four corners of the room.

"And I don't claim a husband like you starting from now on." Mom said with voice trembling. "You can talk shit to me but I won't let you say that to my son. Ever. Again." She added before turning her gazes on us and went up to drag us outside of the mansion.

We heard my father calling from my mother's name but mom didn't look back anymore.