CHAPTER 40

CHAPTER 40

MINGYU'S POV.

"WHAT THE FUCK are you saying?" Wonwoo asked while staring at me intently. I avoided his stares and pursed my lips.

"Stop loving me.. leave me.. abandon your feelings.." I struggled to utter those words and felt his hand on my shoulder tightened its grip.

"Is it because of the marriage..?" His voice soften that made my breath hitched. I closed my eyes and wished that this day end fast.

I shook my head before bitting my lower lip. "No.."

His sighs touched my skin that sent shivers to me. "Then.. is it.. because of what your.. father said?" I took a deep breath before opening my eyes and met his.

"You'll only get hurt.. if you continue loving me.. we don't know if my sickness is deadly.. if that's the case.. you'll only get hurt.. stop loving me—" I stopped when I saw how his eyes soften before looking away. His hands went up to his hair and took a grip on it out of frustration. He keeps on cursing underneath his breath before hitting the steering wheel.

I only sat there quietly. I can't bear him seeing like this so I looked away. I once again took a deep breath before saying it one last time. "Please.. stop loving me.."

"No.. no..  I won't do that.. I'll help you.. please.. I'll do anything just don't make me stop loving you because.. I just can't.. I can't.. please.." I turned to him when he suddenly held my hand. He's tearing up as his eyes were pleading. Fuck..

"I'll help you to get better.. I'll help you, baby.. please don't do this.. please.. this is not the vocation I want.. this is not what I'm expecting.. I was expecting us going home from vocation feeling happy.. not this.. please not this.. don't do this.." He sobbed that made me look away. I bit my lower lip to stop myself on tearing up. I can't see him like this.. I'm hurting too.. I can't fucking bear this!

"Let me love you.. let me help you.. I promised that I will take care of you so please let me, baby." His tears landed on my skin and it continues to drop there. I want to wipe his tears. I want to tell him to stop crying. I want to tell him that I can't bear seeing him like this. I want to tell him everything. But, I can't. I just can't. Something is stopping me.

"I'll die soon.." After I said that, Wonwoo made me face him. His eyes are dark as he set his gazes on me.

"You're not going to die, okay? I will help get better. You won't leave me, baby. Do your best to fight and I will do my best to get you better.. please don't leave me.." I was caught off guard when he suddenly pulled me into a hug. I couldn't move for a moment. He kissed the back of me head and caressed my head while mumbling things I couldn't understand since I'm out of my focus between his hug.

I want him to leave me.. but fuck.. I can't bear him leaving me..