CHAPTER 60

EPILOGUE

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

News quickly reached Mingyu's friends of what had happened. They all quickly went to the hospital where Mingyu was taken by an ambulance. When they arrived infront of a room, you can see Mingyu's crying mother and his Dad comforting her. You can see the tiredness on the faces of Mingyu's friends, but their concern for the friend still dominates. 

They heard the news that Mingyu's car exploded after being struck by lightning. None of them knew what the friend's condition was now because that's all they heard. The oldest of them dared to go to Mingyu's parents to ask, but when he got close to Mingyu's parents, his knee suddenly weakened at the same time as his face sweated.

That's why Mingyu's parents are crying so hard, not out of concern. They're crying so heard because their son is already in the morgue.

Seungcheol's legs trembled as he returned to his friends. They cast confused looks at him. Even if Seungcheol doesn’t ask what is Mingyu's conditions, he already knows the answer. All he cared about was how he would tell this his friends. There's no words that would escape his lips.

"Why? What's up? And why are we here? We should be in front of the ER..." Dokyeom said. Seungcheol shook his head in disagreement.

"H-He didn't make it..." And with those words, the quiet and busy hallway was feild with screams of agony. They did not expect that their happy days with one of their best friends would end here. Little did they know that the first time they would meet Mingyu again was the last day they would be with that friend. When they already reunited with their friend, God chosed to take him away from them. 

His illness didn't killed him, but the explosion cause of the lightning did. Just when things started to get better, it ended up this way.

***

Slowly, but carefully, he opened his eyes. The blinding light welcomed him making him close it back again and slowly adjusted his sight from the blinding light.

As when he able to see clearly, a man approached him. The man smiled at him and lend his hand to him. He slowly took it and stood up. When he stood up, he looked down at the man.

He suddenly felt happy and sad. He feels mixed emotions now so he doesn't know how to react. From the hand to his face and the smile he shows, there is no doubt that it is Wonwoo. The man he loved.

He did not realize that his tears were slowly streaming down on his cheeks. Wonwoo was quick to react to wipe his tears away.

"It's not your time yet..." Wonwoo said to him. Mingyu didn't answer and he just kept on crying. 

"We will meet again, but today is not the time yet. You need to go back... " there was a streak of concern on Wonwoo's face as he looked into Mingyu's eyes.

Mingyu immediately held onto his hand as he sniffed. He closed his eyes as he enjoyed Wonwoo's touch on his cheek. He missed this. He missed him.

"No.." his voice were almost whispers as when he speak. He shook his head before he opened his eyes to met Wonwoo's.

"Take me now with you.. I don't want to go back anymore.. please," he cried. He closed the distance between him and Wonwoo to hug him tightly.

"But how about your friends and you parents?" He shook his head.

"I know that.. but can I be selfish this time? I don't want to go back anymore. Please take me now.. with you.." with those words, it's enough for Wonwoo to nod his head and hugged Mingyu tightly, planting a soft kiss on Mingyu's head.

"Okay.. Goodnight,"

***

Not far away, you could see Jihoon with Jeonghan, standing infront of the two gravestone laying on the ground. One is for Wonwoo and besides it is for Mingyu. Holding a bouquet of roses. They placed it down on their friend's grave as they knelt down on the ground.

Seungcheol's grip on the hem of his shirt tightened by just the sight of Mingyu's gravestone, thinking that he's buried six feet on the ground.

Yesterday was the final wake of Mingyu, but he didn't attended except from the rest of his friends. He stood up under the three, few meters away from the grave of Mingyu, watching Jeonghan and Jihoon talk to their friend.

He wipes the tears that escaped his eyes before deciding to walk away. He thought that he would only visit his friend face to face when he was ready.

Maybe this is how you felt when Wonwoo died? Or maybe even more painful here? As he stalk his way out of the cemetery, he looked up to the sky and smiled lightly.

"I hope you're happy now.."

The end

Author's note: Oho, hi! Sorry I have to end it that way. Yes, I was supposed to end it without Mingyu dying, however, I changed my mind. My friend also told me to end it with both of them dying. In my case, I was supposed to end it at first with Mingyu only dying because of his illness, however, I changed my mind. I decided to just kill Wonwoo and let Mingyu live, but I changed my mind again. So, this is the ending I came up with.

Thank you for your unending support from this book! It made me happy whenever I would read a comments on this book, and someone will vote every chapter. It also made me happy when someone would add this book to their library. Thank you guys so much! Sadly, I need to end the book here. The Dream series #02 with different ships will continue as soon I finished my loads of on-going books! Thank you once again from all of you! Stay safe, love lots.

DATE STARTED: 06/01/2020
DATE ENDED: 08/02/2021