CHAPTER 44

CHAPTER 44

MINGYU'S POV.

AS ALL OF us eat on the table, I silently observe the girl he's with and recognized her immediately. The AKA cousin of ma'am Lindsay. Wow, how disrespectful he is.

Then, my eyes met Wonwoo whose also staring at me. His brows narrowed when he set his gaze on my plate. I just rolled my eyes and mind my own business.

"Excuse me." I said before walking up to the bathroom all by myself.

I need pee at the moment and when I'm finished, I found Wonwoo leaning on the wall besides the exit door.

He's staring at the ceiling as both of his hands were inside of his pocket. He looks like in a deep thoughts. I didn't pay any attention and went up to the sink to wash my hands.

"How's the check up?" Wonwoo's deep voice echoed the whole bathroom.

"Why do you care?" I asked, coldly. I reached for the tissues and use few of it to wipe my hands.

"I'm just asking.. and stop eating foods that are not good for you health." A sarcastic smile approached my lips and looked at him on the mirror.

"Who are you anyway? You've got nothing to do with my business so stay out of it." My voice was filled with distraught.

"I'm saying this because I care for you-"

"O, cut the bullshit, Wonwoo. Stop pretending like you care about me because I don't care and it pisses me off." I spat those to him and turned to look at him.

"Why are you acting like this? I don't remember doing anything that will upset you.. so why? I'm doing my best to lessen that resentful you're feeling towards me but why you're still acting like this?" I scoffed at his burst out.

"Just fuck off. I don't need any of your care even a single sympathy from you." Okay, calm the fucking down.

I'm about to exit the area when Wonwoo immediately grabbed my arms. "Did I do something wrong?" His voice soften that made my breath hitch. I didn't answered him, instead, I swat my arms off of him and looked at him straight on his dark orbs.

"Yes, big time." And with that, I left him there and went back on the table where I continued finishing my food.

Wonwoo soon after came back on his seat and continued on having conversations with my mom. I'm so uncomfortable right now, feeling Wonwoo's stares boring at me and they felt like a thousands of daggers stabbing me.

"Uhm, sorry for interrupting, ma'am. But I need to go since I have important business to attend with. Thank you for having lunch with us, ma'am." The cousin of ma'am Lindsay said as she stood up from her seats.

"Hey, let's just continue with your business tomorrow, Wonwoo." I saw her patted Wonwoo's shoulder and faced my mother with a smile on her lips.

"O, you need to go? You're girlfriend of Wonwoo right? What is your name again?" The girl blushed before shaking her head.

"I'm not Wonwoo's girlfriend ma'am. I'm already married. I'm Lyra Monterro and it was nice meeting you." Somehow, my heart suddenly beats faster after hearing her words.

"I thought the both of you are. You look good together." Both of Wonwoo and the girl named Lyra chuckled. That made me rolled my eyes quietly.

"We're just meeting ma'am because Wonwoo needs my help with something." My mother nodded her head before smiling.

"Okay, thank you too for having lunch with us. It was nice meeting you too, Mrs. Monterro." Moments has passed and Lyra already left. I'm already finished eating my food and just waiting for my mother's words to leave.

And when I'm about to say something, mom's phone vibrated. "Yes, hello." And as what I'm expecting, it's from their business again.

She told me it's emergency and can't cancel it which is I understand. The only thing that made me froze is when he asked Wonwoo a favor to sent me home which she immediately accepted without even thinking twice. Fuck.