46.

POV Bokuto

I rubbed the towel through my wet hair and looked at Akaashi. He closed the book in his hands and let his eyes wander all over me. The navy pupils stopped at my head and he smiled.
"Bokuto-San?"
I threw the towel over my shoulder. "Yes Akaashi?"
"Can I braid your hair?"

As Akaashi's fingers stroke over my scalp I closed my eyes. He parted my hair and took a small string in between his fingers.
"Let me know if it hurts." He said and started twisting the string into braids. I leaned against the bed and wrapped my arms around Akaashi's legs, which were placed on my right and left side.
"Akaashi." I mumbled and pulled his legs closer to me. "You remember the day in the pub, do you?"
"Yes."
"When I first saw you, holding a gun, I was so shocked." I said smiling. Akaashi pulled the hair string and I knit my eyebrows slightly. "It almost felt like a dream, since I only knew you as a cashier from the gas station. You seemed so normal."
I leaned my head against his leg and continued talking. "I really was flirting with a Hai Yang soldier the whole time. I would never think, that such thing was possible-"
Suddenly Akaashi placed his palm on my forehead and pulled my head back, that I was resting my head on the bed, looking up to him. 
"And I really knocked you out right away. I knocked out a Hai Yang soldier-" I said but Akaashi cut my words again.
"Do you have a hair tie, Bokuto-San?" He asked, the corner of his mouth lifting slowly. I shook my head and looked into his eyes.
Akaashi let the braided hair string go and placed both hands on my cheeks.
"You know that I could've killed you on the spot." He said whispering, eyes digging deep into mine. As his thumb brushed over my lips I opened my mouth and took his finger between my teeth, biting on it lightly. "But somehow I allowed you to take me with you." Akaashi leaned foreward, still looking into my eyes. "You know that, right Bokuto-San?" -

I opened my eyes slowly. The sunlights beamed into my face, causing me to knit my eyebrows. Suddenly my eyelids shot open and I straightened myself. I fell asleep again.
"Akaashi." I said and turned my head to my right. The cold block of stone faced me silently. No responds. I shook my head. Of course.
"Akaashi I fell asleep again." I said and scratched the back of my head smiling. "You are now probably shaking your head, smiling. Wondering how a person would fall asleep in daylight, outside on the cold ground, covered in dirt."
I sat down on my knees, now facing him. "You are probably telling me to get up, or else I would get sick." My gaze lowered. "If you were here, I would walk up to you and you would brush the dirt off my shoulders."
With both hands I clasped the high grass in between my fingers. My eyebrows started trembling.
"The things I would do, for you to be with me, even just for a moment." Footsteps clang from behind, people were walking pass me.
"I would do so many things better. I would dig my head into your neck and fill my lungs with your scent, kiss you and tell you how much I love you."
I looked up and a big smile formed on my face.
"But it's okay!" Tears started collecting in my eyes. "Maybe we both will be reborn as animals... owls! We will be reborn as owls." I placed my hand on the cold stone and brushed my thumb up and down, the way I would always do to his soft skin.
I closed my eyes, the texture of the rock felt nothing like him, but his warmth embraced my whole body. He was with me. I knew that he was.
"We will fly around and be free. No mafia and no guns. We will catch mice and feed them to-" I stopped my sentence and opened my eyes.
"Airi!" I shouted and looked at my watch. 3:42 pm. I shot up from the ground and dusted down my pants.
"I have to pick up Airi from school!" With quick steps I backed up and balled my fists.
"I love you Akaashi! More than anything else." I bowed lightly. "I will see you again. I love you." I said and started running towards the gate of the graveyard.

"You know that, right Bokuto-San?
I was actually able to pin you down and take your life within seconds. When I first saw you with a gun in your hand Bokuto-San, I was surprised. Not shocked. Life was full of surprises, the person, you would trust the most, could press a gun against your forehead and pull the trigger without any hesitation. But something about you alarmed me, to trust you blindly. From the day when I opened my eyes at your mansion, I knew, that I would hand you guys my identity. It wasn't easy, but I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you and that's why I did it. You're different Bokuto-San. I have never met someone like you. Something about you. I don't know, maybe your eyes or smile. Or maybe all in all it was just - you."