42

•  Under The Moonlight  •Word Count ~ 1302

• Under The Moonlight •
Word Count ~ 1302

By the time I'd finished my talk with James it was already sunset. James had asked me whether I'd like to come back to camp but I needed some time to myself so I told him to go on ahead and that I'd see him tomorrow.

Somehow I'd ended up at the cliff that I'd almost died on. Where Pan had saved my life...

This time I'd made sure to stay away from the edge and was just sitting down and looking up at the sky. The blanket of darkness created a beautiful canvas to fully illuminate the thousands of magnificent orbs of light called stars. The moon being the centrepiece of the painting. The sight was breathtaking to say the least and I allowed myself to finally relax under its comforting light.

I inhaled a deep breath upon closing my eyes before opening them with an exhale.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it." I heard a familiar British accent say from behind me. My eyebrows furrowed slightly.

'Where have I heard that phrase before?' I asked myself but eventually shook it off as nothing. I don't even bother to look over at him as I reply.

"It is."

A few moments of silence go by before I heard Pan made his way over and sit down next to me, leaving a medium sized gap between us.

Thoughts swirled around in my head like a tornado. I still had so many questions for Pan, but did I dare ask them?

"Did they really leave me here?" I spoke up, catching Pan slightly of guard.

"Mary Margaret, Regina, Hook, Rumple, Emma, David and Henry... did they really leave?"

"...yeah," Pan answered after a moments hesitation. I inhaled a sharp breath and nodded slightly.

"I can't believe I was so stupid," I muttered.

"To believe that they actually cared. That they genuinely cared for me like family."

"You weren't stupid, they were just good at lying."

"Just like you then," I mumbled under my breath but unfortunately Pan heard it.

"Fucking hell Maze, you've got to be kidding me," Pan groaned in annoyance.

"I only lied to you once."

"You lied a lot more then just once," I scoffed.

"They left you, Maze! So did I ever really lie? I tried to warn you but you refused to believe me as per usual."

"Oh so it's my fault!" I snapped back at him, standing up in anger.

"No! I'm just saying that I never lied to you." Pan replied also standing up, now leaning over me slightly.