45

•  Blame it on the alcohol   •Word Count ~ 1359

• Blame it on the alcohol •
Word Count ~ 1359

I sat down next to James without saying a word. The silence between us remained until James spoke up.

"We'll at least your alive." He joked but I wasn't in the moon. I felt drained, I always felt drained after an argument with Pan. Why did I feel the need to cause another one? What the fuck is wrong with me?

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have suggested that plan. We both knew that it wouldn't end well."

"It's fine James. I was the one that agreed to it. I'm just tired alright." I mumbled, leaning my head on his shoulder. I didn't feel relaxed in the slightest but I felt tired and even though I knew that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep I wanted to at least rest my eyes. So that's exactly what I did.

***

I'm not sure how much time had gone by but I knew it had been a while. I'm pretty sure that James had fallen asleep yet somehow the lost boys were still able to dance around the fire. I swear to God their stamina is outstanding.

Suddenly I felt someone stumbled into the back of me. I turned around to see who it was only to come face to face with Pan.

"Hello darling." He slurred, his breath reeking of the pungent stench of alcohol.

"You're drunk." I stated, a blank expression on my face. I really didn't want another fight right now but I had no one but myself to blame.

By now James had woken up and without him leaning on me I was able to stand up to fully face Pan.

"You're so fucking pretty Princess." He muttered. I glared up at him, knowing exactly why he'd called me that. It was James's nickname for me.

"Don't call me Princess."

"I can call you whatever I want. You're mine."

"I'm not yours. I've never been yours."

"You are mine. I know it and you know it."

"Pan. I am not yours. Now go to bed. You've had far too much alcohol." I went to turn back to James but Pan spoke up again.

"Not without you."

"Pan.." I groaned in frustration. A few moments of silence passed before I told James that I'd be right back and started to walk towards Pans cabin, knowing that he'd follow my lead.

"See you do care about me."

"I don't care about you."

"But you'll always be mine."

"For the last fucking time I am not yours Peter!" I snapped at him and immediately stopped walking to face him. Nothing but anger clouded his eyes now and somehow I knew that he was about to start a scene in front of everyone.