55

TW!!

•  Red  •Word Count ~ 1109

• Red •
Word Count ~ 1109

"Maze!" I shouted before jumping off the cliff after her.

I used my magic to direct myself away from the rocks at the bottom of the cliff and lessen the impact of the water while silently praying that she hadn't hit any rocks and was somehow okay.

My body hit the water but I felt minimal pain, the only thing on my mind was her. Where was she?

I looked around frantically but couldn't see anything. With such a long time now underwater, I was running out of air.

Without any other choice I was forced to swim back up to the surface and let the oxygen fill my lungs. I continued looking around trying to see any sign of where she might have landed.

Suddenly from the corner of my eye I saw something that made my blood run cold.

Dark red blood surfacing on the ocean surface.

Without a second thought I started swimming in that direction before taking in a deep breathe and driving underwater.

After a few moments I started to see the outline of a person. Maze. As far as I could tell she was unconscious.

I couldn't tell what she'd hit or where she was bleeding from. I didn't even know if she was breathing.

I grabbed ahold of her waist and started to pull her up to the surface.

I kept attempting to use my magic to teleport us to shore but I was too weak, too drained. And I might just lose the love of my love because of it. Because I couldn't even do a simple teleportation spell.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

My feet finally touched the sand as I started pulling Maze up onto the shore.

A line of blood stained the beach and it was then that I realised where it was coming from. Her head. She must've hit her head on one of the rocks. That would explain why she wasn't waking up.

I hadn't even noticed the tears that were now falling from my eyes as I desperately tried to wake her up, pulling her into my arms.

"Maze! Wake up, please! Open your bloody eyes!" I shouted at her.

I suddenly caught sight of her eyelids fluttering.