25

• The Plan •Word Count ~ 1885

• The Plan •
Word Count ~ 1885

_𝙿𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠_

I tried my best to forget the argument that I'd just had with Maze only a few moments ago and focus on Henry. I needed to gain this boys trust. Otherwise my plan would fail.

Everything that she said to me was true. Everything about what I'd done. She was correct about it all apart from when she said that I didn't care about her. She couldn't be more wrong about that. But I'd truly hurt her. My actions had hurt the only person I truly care for. So I needed to respect the fact that she needed some space away from me and the fact that I want exactly one of her favourite people right now.

After the fight, I'd teleported away but not straight into camp. I needed some time to think. Time to think about my next steps incredibly carefully.

***

_𝙷𝚎𝚗𝚛𝚢𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠_

I awoke to the sound of the lost boys whooping and hollering. I looked around in confusion. What had happened?

I sat up with a small groan only to see Pan, who was knelt down in front of me, watching my every move.

"What happened?" I asked him, my mind all foggy.

"Oh, you fell asleep." Pan said simply.

"I did?"

"Don't worry. It was just a little catnap. The nights still young." Pan assured me.

I suddenly felt my mind start to clear up a little.

"Wait. I-I remember something. My dad... when I was asleep, I... I could've sworn I heard him calling for me." I told him.

"Really?"

"It must've been a dream." I say, trying to stop myself  from having hope as I already knew that he was gone forever.

"Well, how can you be so sure?" Pan asked.

"Because... cause my dads dead." I look down slightly, trying to seen strong. But I really missed him. Even though I only knew him for a few weeks, he was still my dad.

"I'm sorry, Henry. It makes sense for us to dream about the things we've lost and the things we hoped for." A glazed look came over Pans face like he was thinking of a past moment before he snapped out of the trance he was in and turned back to me.

"Like your father being alive and your mother coming to fine you, but eventually, you'll find new things to dream about. And when you do, they'll start to come true."

"How do you know?" I asked him, curiously.

"Because that's what I did. And now your here. Neverland used to be a place where new dreams were born. You can bring that magic back, Henry. And we can be your family."