1

• Storybrooke •Word Count ~ 1522

• Storybrooke •
Word Count ~ 1522

"Hey Ruby," I greeted my friend who was at the counter of granny's diner on her phone.

"Hey girl."

"Sorry I'm a little bit late. I was helping Mary Margaret clean the apartment." I explained while putting on my apron.

When I had first arrived in Storybrooke, the first place that I went to was Granny's bed or breakfast. I had packed up all my stuff once leaving Neverland so I still had my money. But it was only enough for one night.

𝗙 𝗹 𝗮 𝘀 𝗵 𝗕 𝗮 𝗰 𝗸

After ordering myself a drink I had sat down in a booth and saw a lady with short black hair come in. She saw me and walked over.

"Hello there sweetheart, if you don't mind me asking , where are your parents?" She asked.

"Well um.." Shit, I never thought of what to say if this happened.

I had no idea what to say so I just told her the truth. Well, half truth.

"Well my mother died when I was six and my dad was an abusive drunk so I ran away to try and start afresh."

"Oh my goodness, that's horrible!" The lady exclaimed.

"Where are you planning on staying?"

"Well I have enough money to spend a night here but after that I have no idea" I confessed. The lady looks at me in concern before her face suddenly lights up.

"You can stay with me if you'd like? I have my own apartment which has a spare bedroom. I'd completely understand if not, as I'm still a stranger to you, but maybe-"

"No no no that would be great actually." I interrupted her. She smiled at me before extending her hand.

"My names Mary Margaret." I returned her smile and shook her hand.

"Maze."

"No problem, your only like five minutes late, it's no big deal." Ruby replied, sending me a smile.

"Anyway it's my shift now. Go and have your break." I told her. She shrugged and walked off.

Due to working five days a week I'd become incredibly close with Ruby and Granny herself, who were the closest things that I had to a family along with Mary Margaret.

Work was largely uneventful as per usual. Archie came in for his usual morning coffee and I had served a slice of pie to this Greg guy who had come from outside of town and crashed his car, from what Mary Margaret had told me, or Snow as she now goes by. Still feels weird to call her that.