43

•  Letting Lose  •Word Count ~ 1256

•  Letting Lose  •
Word Count ~ 1256

The days all seemed to just blur together since I started to ignore Pan and before I knew it, three weeks had already passed with no communication or even looks exchanged between us both.

I still had James though and he still had Felix so we weren't completely alone without each other but everything just felt... off. It was a strange feeling. I didn't want to talk to him or even acknowledge his existence yet at the same time I wanted nothing more to be near him. But I knew that I couldn't have that.

It was late afternoon and the bonfire had already been lit. It seemed like we'd been having a lot more bonfires and party's recently but I usually just sat on the sidelines observing, not feeling the need to join in.

Which was exactly what I was doing right now. My eyes remained locked into the beautiful flames of the fire. The flames dancing to there own melody as ambers escaped creating their own choreography.

As the night continued and the sky grew dark, the fire came to light up the night, to warm up the nightly chill of the air.

I looked over at the lost boys who were dancing around the fire messily like animals.

James had somehow managed to convince Pan to let the lost boys have access to the alcohol tonight which I already knew would be a big mistake but apparently Pan didn't seem to care. James even told me that he said if anything the alcohol would probably knock them out quicker.

"Hello Maze," a voice brought me out of my own little world.

"Oh, hey Felix," I reply, a bit surprised that he'd come over to talk to me. He gave me a small smile before sitting down next to me and looking ahead at the fire. I continued to stare at him in confusion but eventually follow his lead and look ahead.

"So is there anything that you need or...?" I ask not looking at him. Felix let out a sigh.

"It's been three weeks Maze..."

"I'm fully aware of that Felix." I said with a sigh.

"Did he hurt you or something?"

"What? No." I replied quickly, turning my attention fully to the blonde headed boy.

"Listen.." Felix started, turning his attention to me as well, while lowering his voice.

"I only know a brief of what's happened between you too as Pan won't talk much about it and I know that you need and deserve some space. Just... please try to talk to him, I can't force you to do anything but he's losing it. It's like when when you first left the island. Of course the main difference being him physically lashing out at everyone the first time but now..." Felix trailed off.