9

• Neverland •Word Count ~ 1075

• Neverland •
Word Count ~ 1075

There was nothing but a tunnel of blue water surrounding the ship as we fell deeper and deeper into the portal.

The fast speed causing to wind to whip and pull and me but I held a firm grip of a rope that I'd grabbed onto.

Suddenly the ship flew upwards before crashing back down into the sea.

Once the ship steadied, I looked around only to see that we were no longer in Storybrooke.

"Is that it?" Emma asked looking at the island that I knew all too well, in the distance.

"Aye." Hook replied.

"Neverland."

The island had changed since I was last here. All of Neverland seemed to have changed. The island seemed to have a darker atmosphere, and a thick layer of fog surround it.

What had happened since I'd left?

***

"Why are you slowing down?" I overheard Regina asking Hook, as he slowed down the ship.

"In case you didn't know, my sons life is in danger."

"Oh, I know. My hotheaded Queen."

I had to hold back my laughter after hearing him make that comment.

"My plan is to bring us to the far side of the island, link up with the widest part of the river, then we sail right through and take him by surprise."

"The irony." Hook added on with a small chuckle, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What irony?" Regina asked.

"Oh. I spent more time than I care to remember trying to leave this place to kill Rumpelstiltskin. And here I am, sailing right back into it's heart with him as my guest of honour."

"It's not quite the happy ending I was hoping for."

"No. It's not." I cut in causing Hook and Regina to look over at me.

"It's better."

"How come lass?" Hook questioned.

"Because it means that you've put all of these unhealthy years of trying to get revenge behind you. Your doing the right thing for once, your helping someone that isn't yourself."

"Despite what you and others might think, I believe that your a good guy Hook. Just another caring soul who was broken from years of torment and pain."

"In fact you remind me a lot about someone I once knew." I smile over at him, before walking past him and down the stairs to Emma.

"Hey." I offered a smile to her. She gave me a quick small one back.