33

• Wendy Darling •Word Count ~ 1254

• Wendy Darling •
Word Count ~ 1254

_𝙷𝚎𝚗𝚛𝚢𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠_

I'd been following Felix for god knows how long. I tried my best to not make any sound as I followed him, but unfortunately luck wasn't in my side as I accidentally put my food down on a twig and it snapped in half, making a crunching sound.

I quickly dived behind a tree before Felix could see me and waited for a few moments. After a few moments of silence I heard his footsteps sound out again and I let out a sigh of relief before following him once again.

***

As Felix came up to a large carved out tree that had a small ladder attacked to it, he dropped a bag in front of it and started to walk away.

Once I was sure he was gone, I ran over to the bag and looked though it but only saw a bunch of red apples. I looked down at them, frowning in confusion but my train of thought was cut of by someone coughing up in the tree house.

I cautiously put the bag over my shoulder and made my way to the ladder, inspecting it for a second before starting to climb.

After making it to the top of the ladder, I was greeted with a large room. Furniture and labels were scattered around the place and a single sized bed was placed in the middle of it.

When I pulled myself up and my feet rested on the wooden floor of the tree house, I was able to see that a girl was in the bed, laying on her side and facing away from me. I could see her face but for a split second I though she was Maze. But that little bit of hope was crushed after the girl turned onto her back.

"Who are you?" I asked, coming over to the right side of the girls bed.

"You're not supposed to be here." The girl replied, her voice weak, eyes slightly red and skin pale.

"I know. I though Pan might be keeping my family here." I said truthfully.

"Why are you so far away from the camp?"

"I'm-I'm sick." She paused, a frown covering her face as she looked down for a moment before looking back up at me and continuing.

"And he's afraid someone might catch it."

"Who are you?" I questioned, feeling slight uneasy around the girl.

"My names Wendy."

"Wendy Darling?" I repeated, my eyes widening slightly in shock.

She gave a little nod.

I went over to her and sat at the end of her bed, taking the bag off my arm and placing it on my lap.

"I'm Henry." I introduced myself.

"W-what's wrong?"

"It's the island, Henry. It's power is fading. I've been here a long time but..." Wendy trailed off.