2

• Operation Praying Mantis •Word Count ~ 1079

Word Count ~ 1079

"Here you go." I smiled. Handing Tamara her order.

"No mustard, right?" Tamara asked, taking the bag of food from my hand.

"Yep, Personally made sure that there was no mustard in it for Neal," I said, already knowing that Neal hated mustard.

She smiled back at me and turned around, colliding head-on with Emma.

I was going to ask if they were both okay, but then realised that I had to get back to work.

I pulled away from the counter, and headed over to the back of the diner to collect some orders.

***

"Maze, I need your help." I looked up, coming face to face with Emma.

I'd been on my break for about half an hour so I still had about an hour and a half left.

A confused look made its way onto my face.

"With what?" I asked suspiciously.

Emma slid into the seat opposite me, resting her arms on the table.

"When does your shift end?" Emma asked, Ignoring my question. She leaned forward as if she was afraid of being overheard.

"In about an hour and a half," I replied, I kept my voice at the same level as hers.

"Why do you wanna know?"

"I know you don't trust, Tamara."

"I guess. She does seem a bit suspicious."

Emma looked almost relieved at my answer.

"Go on." I added.

"August tried to warn me about someone, a 'she' before he, well, died."

"Yeah, Mary Margaret told me about that. Said that he couldn't remember what he was talking about after the blue fairy brought him back. Lost his memories,"

"Good, so you know about that. But here's the thing, when me and Tamara bumped into each other, she dropped something." Emma continued.

"What?"

"A list. Maze, Tamara has a list of people who live here with their fairytale names next to their real ones."