14

• Cheaters Never Win •Word Count ~ 1426

Word Count ~ 1426

_𝙼𝚊𝚣𝚎𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠_

"He so likes his games." Hook mutters.

"Yeah, tell me about it." I say.

"What game?" Regina asks.

"There's nothing there." She points over to the map Emma was holding. The one that she'd gotten from Pan.

"If he said there's a map on this parchment, then there is." I told her flatly.

"Great. So if I just stop denying who I really am, whatever that means, then we'll be able to read this thing." Emma said.

"But how do we know Pan won't use it to lead us straight into a trap?" Regina asks.

"Because he doesn't need to, this whole islands his bloody trap." Hook replies harshly.

I looked past Hook only to see Mary Margaret and David get back from scouting the area for Pan.

"There's no sign of him anywhere." David informs us all.

"Any luck with the map?" Mary Margaret asks Emma.

"Don't hold your breath." Regina rolls her eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Emma asks her.

"Don't you see what he's doing? Every second we spend talking about this is another second we're not looking for my son."

"You got a better idea?"

"Magic." Regina smirks. David sighs.

"If there's a lock on there, I'll find a way around it." Regina goes to take the map from Emma, but Emma quickly slams her hand down onto the paper so that Regina couldn't take it from her.

"Pan said it had to be me."

"I'd listen to Emma, love." Hook tells Regina.

"Breaking Pans rules would be unwise."

"Sadly, I agree with the pirate." David said.

"I'm winning you over. I can feel it." Hook smirks at David. David rolls his eyes.

"And your magic doesn't exactly have a gentle touch, Regina." Mary Margaret states.

"Use it on the map, it might blow up in all our faces" David adds.

"Well, that's a risk I'm willing to take."

"Well I'm not. If I'm supposed to be the one to figure out this thing, I need to do what Pan said." Emma interrupts.

"Great." Regina mutters, walking off.

"She'll get there." Mary Margaret encourages.

Emma looks down with a frown on her face. Mary Margaret notices and steps closer to her.