29

• Watchful Eye •Word Count ~ 1321

Watchful Eye
Word Count ~ 1321

"This is a waste of time." I heard Reginas voice.

"What's a waste of time?" I asked, making everyone aware of my presence.

"Where the hell have you been lass?" Hook asked me suspiciously, completely ignoring my question.

"Just clearing my head, I am allowed to do that right?" I said the last part sassily, glaring at the pirate slightly.

"Maybe you shouldn't wonder of too much Maze, in case Pan tries to do anything while we can't protect you." David suggests with concern.

"Thanks for caring David but I can protect myself. Now what's a waste of time?" I repeat my question still confused about what I'd just walked into.

"Neals still alive." Regina spoke up.

"Of course Neals still alive." I say looking at them in confusion. They gave me looks of disbelief and shock. Suddenly it dawned on me.

"Fuck, I didn't tell you did I." I mumbled.

"How could you forget to tell us something like that?!" Emma exclaims.

"I'm sorry okay! But I had a lot on my mind! I thought I told you!" I shout back trying to defend myself.

"Enough!" Mary Margaret snaps making us all look over to her.

"Fighting isn't going to help Neal. Maze clearly wasn't in the best mental state once she escaped from Pan so let's just forget about it and focus on helping save Neal." Everyone nods in approval other then Hook and Regina.

"I still think this is a waste of time. He's clearly toying with us." Regina protests rolling her eyes.

"I don't think so." Mary Margaret disagrees, walking over to a pathway that had broken and snapped branches along it.

"Look, someone was definitely resisting."

"I wanted to help him, but he told me to run while I still had the chance." I said quietly, reliving the moment.

"We made it back to camp but none of you were here. He was so happy when he thought about seeing you again Emma." I told her, she looked back at me with a look of relief, pity, sorrow and happiness.

"We have to help him." Emma muttered.

"She could be lying! What if she's working with Pan? They could be leading us straight into a trap." Regina said. I looked at her with a look of surprise, shock and anger.

"The fuck?! Why the bloody hell would I work with Pan?!" I snap at her.

"Because your clearly head over heals for him. Everyone here knows that your still some love sick puppy when it come to that demon, I honestly don't know what you see in him but the first time you saw him again during the fight we all saw how you looked at him. Your clearly in love with Pan. We all see it!" She says, rolling her eyes.