10

• Mermaids •Word Count ~ 1555

• Mermaids •
Word Count ~ 1555

_𝙷𝚎𝚗𝚛𝚢𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠_

"We making s'mores?" I asked Greg and Tamara as they both created a small fire. Greg looks up at me.

"No. Building a signal." He then turns his attention to Tamara.

"Help me gather some dry leaves. We need to let the home office know that we're here."

"And what if that's not enough. What if the empty communicator wasn't an accident?" Tamara asks.

"Don't let the kid get in your head." Greg replies gesturing to me.

Suddenly a teenage boy came out of a bush followed by a bunch of other teenage boys wearing black cloaks, come out of the trees and bushes surrounding the area.

"Who are you?" Greg asks them.

"We're the home office." The first one to arrive said.

"Welcome to Neverland."

"The home office is a bunch of teenagers?" Tamara asks.

"They're not teenagers." I cut in.

"They're the lost boys." All of their attention turns to me.

"Look at that." The main one says.

"Why do the lost boys want to destroy magic?" I ask.

"Who said we wanted to destroy magic?" He replied, a mischievous smile on his face.

"That was our mission." Greg cut in.

"So you were told. Yes. Now the boy." His attention turns back to me.

"Hand him over."

"Not until you tell us the plan, for magic, for getting home." Tamara says walking closer over to me.

"Your not getting home." The boy replies.

"Then your not getting the boy." Greg says, as Tamara stands in front of me protectively.

"Of course we are." Just as he says that a roaring sound comes cutting through the air as a shadow comes down and rips Greg's shadow straight out of his body.

I look down in shock and fear as Greg's body drops down to the floor, lifeless.

"Run!" Tamara shouts at me.

I quickly turn around and make a dash.

Just before I leave I hear the boy says something to the other lost boys.

"Get the boy."

The leaves whip at me as I run as fast as I can through the jungle of Neverland.