46

•  The past is a dangerous thing   •Word Count ~ 2550

Word Count ~ 2550

I laid in my bed starting up at the ceiling, I only managed to get I think roughly 3 hours of sleep last night due to the nightmares and eventually had just given up on even trying to fall back to sleep.

I felt tired and drained but it wasn't like I could do much to help with that.

The sun had only just started to rise and I decided to go and wash the dirt of my skin in the waterfall that Pan had taken me too all those years ago, well I year ago from where I was and I had no idea how long I was gone from Neverland.

Anyways I lifted the covers off my body and walked out of my cabin. No one was up yet to no surprise. Usually they'd be up at this exact time but the alcohol must have giving all of them a pretty bad hangover, including Pan.

Think it's just gonna be me, James and Felix that are actually going to be able to function this morning.

And with that I set off on the hour walk to the waterfall.

***

The leaves swept across my skin as I made my way through to the clearing around the waterfall and the sound and fresh running water filled my senses.

'It also might be a good way to try and wake myself up.' I thought to myself with a yawn.

'Now do I take my top and jeans off?'

After a second of debating I decided to leave my jeans and bra on just to be safe, but my top would probably go see through anyways so it didn't really matter.

And with that I grabbed either side of my top and took it over my head, before laying it on one of the big rocks that laid beside the edge of the water.

I then took of my shoes and made my way into the water. The water wasn't freezing but wasn't warm at the same time, it engulfed my feet, to my legs, thighs and finally to my waist. I held my breath and went full under the water, running my hands through my hair to try and get some of the dirt out.

I finally resurfaced and quickly washed over the rest of my body before getting out of the water. The sun was beaming directly down at the waterfall so I knew that I'd dry off pretty quickly.

Just as I finished washing my top and laying it back on the rock to dry I heard someone behind me.

I turned around to see who it was only to come face to face with Pan. And I mean face to face with him. Like a bloody inch between us.

This - for obvious reasons - startled me and I immediately took a step back to create some much needed space.

Remembering everything that happened yesterday, I gave Pan a blank look.