22

• Baelfire •Word Count ~ 2149

• Baelfire •
Word Count ~ 2149

_𝙼𝚊𝚣𝚎𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠_

I was lying on Pans bed, bored out of my mind. When I heard the cabin door open. I sat up only to see that it was the twat that locked me up in here himself. Pan.

"What are you doing back so early? I thought you were at your little bonfire?" I said sassily, not impressed on how he'd left me all alone chained to his bed like a dog.

"I wanted to come check if you were still here." Pan said looking relieved to see me. I raised an eyebrow.

"How would I of escaped?" I asked before a look of realisation dawned on me.

"They're close. Aren't they."

Pan sent me a glare.

"Hey, don't get angry with me. I'm the one who's chained to your bed like a worthless mutt." I snap at him.

"Your still angry about earlier." Pan states the obvious.

"Of course I'm fucking angry! First you poison me then magically heal me with water that prevents me from leaving the island! Then you catch me off guard and try to get me to forgive you!"

"Maze-"

"Don't. Just don't. You said those things that made me lower my guard around you. Do you really think that I'd be stupid enough to forgive you? Well I'm sorry to break it to you Pan but I've changed. I don't need you anymore."

"You don't mean that..." Pan looks at me, I could see a slight bit of hurt but he was trying to mask it.

"I do. I want to go back to my friends. I don't feel safe with you anymore. Maybe I did in the past but we've both clearly changed since I left."

"Well I'm sorry if I wanted to keep you safe." Pan snapped.

"Keep me safe?! That's not why your doing this! You know that I'd be safe with my group! But you want to keep me away from them because your scared that you'd lose me again!" I said, confidently.

Suddenly the chain around my foot disappeared and Pan had me pinned up against the wall. I gasped in surprise.

"You know what. Yes! Yes I am afraid to lose you! Your all I've got left Maze! Your the only person I actually care about! So I can't lose you. I won't lose you."

I said nothing and kept my expression blank.

Pan sighed.

"I'm going to let you lose. I'm trusting you to stay put in this cabin. Please, don't make me regret trusting you." I looked straight into his emerald green eyes.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. Pan smiled at me, he went to brush a piece of hair out of my face but I pushed his hand away, refusing to meet his gaze.