50

•  Lovers Quarrel •Word Count ~ 1284

• Lovers Quarrel •
Word Count ~ 1284

The flames of the fire seemed to leap with the joy of the eternal dance. Sparks pirouetting, giving their all in this brightest of performances. It was captivating, the dance of fire. How could something so beautiful and seemingly delicate be so dangerous?

I'd thankfully had yet another good night sleep last night.

'And that totally didn't have anything to do with the fact you were in his arms all night'

I rolled my eyes at the thought.

I'd woken up before Pan yet again and decided to go outside and get some fresh air. Turns out me and Pan had slept through most of the day.

I was sitting on the ground my back resting against a log. Pan had woken up shortly after me and I'm guessing he had decided to give me a little bit of space and time to myself. Probably just didn't want to risk having me push him away again.

Felix had apparently been stepping in for Pan while he was with me. In fact they had been talking for quite a while on the other side of camp by my cabin, I could see them from the corner of my eye and even caught them glancing over at me a few times.

I had actually been quite enjoying the silence and my own company when I felt someone's presence beside me.

I didn't bother to turn or acknowledge him though. I knew exactly who it was. No words were exchanged between us. It was an uncomfortable kinda silence. Something I wasn't used to feeling around James.

"I'm guessing you guys made up." James stated blankly.

"I guess." I replied with the same tone.

"So did he fuck you?"

Normally that comment would've caught me off guard but I decided to play along.

"Do you want me to say he fucked me?"

"No." James replied, slightly taken back at my answer and calm demeanour.

"Then no."

"Did he kiss you?"

"No."

"But you stayed in his cabin with him? In the same bed?"

'How is this any of his business?'

"Yes."

"I don't want you around him."

"What gives you the right to tell me what I can and can't do?" I asked, looking over at him.

"Fucking hell Maze..." he trailed off.

"Who shoved a stick up your ass?" I scoffed. He stood up from the log and faced me, anger written across his features.