52

•  What were you thinking?  •Word Count ~ 1370

Word Count ~ 1370

The second my hand grabbed hers I was pulled roughly into the water.

I was lost to shock for a split moment but upon opening my eyes I saw three other mermaids surrounding me and even worse, the face of my beautiful mother distorting into one of them.

They were on me in seconds. Gripping and digging their claws into my flesh, pulling me further and further down into the dark abyss of water. I struggled against them, but the more I resisted the deeper their claws sunk into my flesh. Soon blood started to appear around me. My blood.

My vision started to fade as I began to loose consciousness. My lungs burning from lack of air.

I was scared.

Terrified even.

'But I though you wanted to feel something?'

At least it would all be over soon.

Just as my eyes were about to close I saw a blurry figure swimming towards me. A hand. Before I knew it there was a flash of green and I felt the claws that were attached to my legs detach. The blurry figure then started to pull me up to the surface, if I'd had enough strength I would've helped but I kept coming in and out of consciousness.

After a few moment we broke surface. I felt the oxygen rush into my lungs and I stated to cough up water. I felt someone grab ahold of me and start swimming to land.

"Maze!" I heard someone shout, but the voice was disorientated, muffled.

"Diana!" The voice spoke again but this time louder.

I opened my eyes and looked up only to see that I was in the blurry figures arms. Pans arms.

_𝙿𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠_

"Maze!" I shouted at her, shaking her lightly now that we were safe on land. She was still breathing but she'd passed out again. Fuck.

"Diana!" I shouted louder this time. She started to cough and her eyes fluttered open. She was shaking in my arms as I held her close to me, trying to warm her up.

What the fuck was she thinking?

I had a hundred questions, yet I was going to have to wait. Her well being was my first priority.

I held her head against my chest as I placed a gentle kiss on top of her head.

I could've lost her today.

She could have drowned.

I pushed the terrifying thought away and teleported both of us back to my cabin.

Blood covered both me and her. Her blood.

I grabbed some bandages and started to address to her wounds.