27

• I hate him •Word Count ~ 1133

• I hate him •
Word Count ~ 1133

My thoughts were scattered and my emotions were all over the place. Why did I have to be reminded of him constantly. He's clearly changed, and not for the better I might add. He tried to kill me for bloody hells sake!

'But it was only because he was scared to lose me again, we didn't exactly leave off in the best possible way the last time I was on Neverland.' The other side of my thoughts say.

God! Why was I still defending him?! He's a fucking psychopath!

"Bloody hell." I mumbled to myself, putting my head in my hands as my head starts to ache.

"You okay?" I heard a voice speak up. I instantly stood up from the log that I had previously been sitting on only to see that it was Mary Margaret.

"Didn't mean time startle you. I just wanted to make sure you were okay, you left looking upset." She explained with a pitiful smile. I frowned before sitting back on the log, Mary Margaret following my actions.

"I-I don't know. My thoughts are all over the place." I admitted.

"Is it... because of Pan?" She asked me. I turned to face her only to see that she was looking back. I looked away before, hesitatingly, nodding my head.

"What happened between you two? If you don't mind me asking of course." She quickly added the last part on, making me chuckle softly.

"No it's okay." I answered before letting out a sigh of frustration and hopelessness.

"God, where do I begin."

***

"Wow." Mary Margaret said in disbelief, shock, sadness, pity and a bit of anger.

"Yeah, tell me about it." I muttered, tears brimming in my wyes but I refused to let them fall.

"I so sorry Maze." Mary Margaret put a hand on my shoulder, in an effort to comfort me.

"The worst thing is that a part of me still keeps making up excuses for him. Saying that he only did all of that because he was afraid to lose me again, but it was so wrong."

"It was, all of that was wrong. People do stupid things when they're in love, especially men."

"Wait. Love? M-me and Pan don't- we don't..." I tried but couldn't bring myself to say it.

"You don't have to say anything, it's okay."

"But it's not!" I shout, standing up in frustration.

"Even after every fucked up thing that he's done, a part of me still cares about him! He tried to kill me for fucks sake! Then he trapped me in his cabin and wouldn't let me out! He's a sick twisted psycho! And I hate him! I hate him!" I finally break down. Mary Margaret quickly takes me into her arms and I don't hesitate to hug her back.

She rubs my back comfortingly and whispered sweet things like 'it's okay' 'I've got you' 'you'll be alright'.

After a while, I finally stop crying and just sit there, in Mary Margaret's embrace.

"I really do hate him, Mary Margaret." I mumble.

"I know. What he did was terrible."

"But it's not just that. He's also hurting everyone that I care about. He's taken Henry for some reason and won't even tell me why. If he really cared about me then why is he doing this?"

"Maybe you just need to talk to him."

"I've tried." Mary Margaret raises an eyebrow at me.

"Tried without shouting at each other?"

"No." I mumbled under my breath.

"Maze, you know I hate saying this but you really are our best shot at getting Henry back. If you could just talk to Pan... we could get Henry and make it off this island, then you wouldn't have to see him again."

I don't know why, but as soon as she mentioned me never seeing him again, I felt my chest tightened.

"I don't know." I answered truthfully.

"Maze, look at me." Mary Margaret said, putting her hand on my shoulders.

"You are one of the most brave young women that I have ever met. You have gone though so much pain and suffering, you need a break. As soon as we get of this island I promise that everything will get better. But for now, you have to keep on fighting. Just know that your not alone, your always going to have me, David, Emma and Henry." She smiled down at me.

"Thanks Mary Margaret."

***

_𝙿𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠_

I clear my throat, making Hook aware of my presence as I got up from my leaning position against a nearby tree and walked over.

"You really should've taken my deal." I spoke up.

"It doesn't look like I need your help with Emma after all, mate."

"What, you think that kiss actually meant something?" I mocked him, referring to the kiss that he'd shared with Emma just a few moments ago.

"I do. I think it means she's finally starting to see me for the man I am." Hook smiles proudly. I raise an eyebrow at this as I smirk at him, amused by the whole situation.

"What? A one handed pirate with a drinking problem?" I scoff.

"I'm no grown-up, but I'm pretty sure that's less than appealing."

"A man of honour." He says, glaring at me.

"So tell me. What would a man of honour like yourself, do with a big, fat secret?"

"Well, that depends what the secret is."

"Baelfire." I say and instantly his gaze snaps to mine making my smirk widen.

"Neal. Whatever name he goes by these days. The guy Emma loves. Henry's father." I train on, revealing in the fear and worry that my words caused him.

"What of him? He's dead." Hook asked, standing up from the log that he had just previously been sitting on.

"No. I'm afraid don't. He's alive." I correct him.

"That's not even the best part. He's in Neverland."

"Is he?" Hook asked, fear and worry evident in his voice.

"Oh, yes. Can you believe it? I'm sure Emma would love to know that Henry's father is still alive."

"But I'd hate for that to get in the way of a budding romance. So I'll leave it up to you... to tell her or not." I add on before turning and starting to walk away. But right before I disappear among the trees, I quickly add something else.

"Lets see what kind of man your really are."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm soooo sorry for not posting this chapter yesterday. I've been really stressed with going back to school and catching up on work so it's been hard to focus on writing. I'm writing the next few chapters now though so they'll be ready for posting next Friday. Bye for now xx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~