Chapter 44: New Developments.

Dedicated to my bestest friend in the whole entire world @actuallysteph_

_____________________________________

Chapter 44: New Developments.

Zayn's POV

I walked into the old abandoned building. It was the same one where Liam had turned for the first time in front of Skye. It was the one from the night she was brought into our community with no hope of ever having another normal day for the rest of her existence in this world. It was the same day I ruined her life, like Frederick once said.

I shook myself out of the painful thoughts. It was too hard to think about and even more so when I was possessed by an insatiable type of hunger that clawed at my insides. It hurt. The blood-lust was impossible to ignore. I could smell the blood coursing through the veins of each person inside these walls and all I wanted was to sink my teeth into their skin and suck them dry.

That was the vampire talking. The lycan wanted to tear each person here to shreds and then bathe in their blood and flesh. Even more worrisome. I was having trouble concentrating on what was actually going on, but I tried my best to not show how far gone I actually was.

"Aaron, Chris," I greeted the Woods twins as I made eye contact with each of them. They stood in front of me, both wearing casual clothing, jeans and t-shirts, one green and one grey.

"Zayn," they said at the same time. Then they glanced at Niall, who was standing beside me and greeted him as well.

"So what's going on? You sounded worried on the phone earlier," Aaron said.

I took my time collecting my thoughts. Which was quite a good amount of time because most of my thoughts involved blood in my current state of mind.

"You two are... resourceful, most times," I began slowly. "I am currently trying to find a cure and I need you guys to tell me if it's possible or if you have heard of something that might help".

"A cure for what?" Chris asked.

"Me," I stated.

The twins looked at each other and then back at me. There was understanding in their eyes. I had known them for a long time and if there's someone who knew something about a cure to my hybrid nature, it was them. They were a pair of werewolves who specialized in research and espionage. They knew pretty much everything that anyone needed to know. Which is why they are Lucian's most valuable assets and therefore, mine as well.

"You want to cure yourself of the hybrid curse," one of them said.

I nodded.

"Why now? You've adapted to both natures and have been living like these for half a millennium. What's changed?" the other asked.

"I don't know... but I'm losing control and I need to fix it," I said in a rush.

"Define losing control," Chris asked, as he paced around in a thoughtful manner.

"Define it, you say? Well how's this? Right now I'm hanging by a thread and I am literally a hair away from tearing you both apart with my bare hands," this I said through gritted teeth because I was feeling myself slipping, and fast. The wide look on the twins' eyes told me they were seeing something I couldn't.

"What?" I growled.

"Your eyes, they're so red," Aaron said, shaken.

"This is bad," his brother said.

"No kidding," Niall talked for the first time, "Stop stating the obvious. You need to help us.You need to help him. You do not want a rabid hybrid going on a killing rampage".