Chapter 26: Come and Find Out.

Because I like keeping my word, here is the second chapter of the week (to make up for the short one I posted on Tuesday).

*Dedicated to @youknowlou21*

________________________________________________

Chapter 26: Come and Find Out.

Skye's POV

Niall bared his fangs at me, his eyes glowing as he smiled devilishly. I used the chair in front of me and pulled it up to my chest. He cocked his head to the side, wondering what I was going to try next. I didn't hesitate in my actions. I threw the chair at him. I saw his eyes widen in surprise, but I didn't stay to watch his response. Instead I took off running, taking the stairs two at a time, until I reached the first floor.

I grabbed the rail to not fall on my face once I made it. I didn't have time to catch my breath when Liam came out of the library. His eyes were silver, the color of freshly made steel. 

"Shit". I turned around and ran to the kitchen.

Louis was there waiting for me.

His eyes looked incredibly blue. His canines were out and his face was half transformed into his wolf-ish form. I stumbled back against one of the cabinets. I quickly opened it and found a big knife. He barked out a laugh.

"What are you gonna do with that? You can't kill a werewolf with a knife." His voice was half a growl.

"I don't have to kill you. Just slow you down enough to escape," I said breathlessly. Louis raised an amused eyebrow.

"You don't have the guts," he pushed. 

I allowed a slow smile to spread on my lips. "Try me," was all I said. 

Louis did nothing for a moment, but then he practically leaped towards me. I almost got caught in between him and the cabinets. But I managed to get out of the way in time. When he turned, his eyes were sparkling with anger. I tried to evade his claws but my shirt got caught in their pointy ends. He pulled me towards him and I quickly turned to face him. By the time he had brought me closer I had put the edge of the knife in his direction and closing my eyes I pressed it in his stomach with all the strength that I have. I felt the metal cutting through tissue and muscle as it entered his body. I opened my eyes and watched the knife embedded in his skin, blood pushing its way out through the hole I had created. I looked up at Louis' face and he was frowning. 

"You just-"

"I warned you not to try me," I interrupted, before dashing around him and reaching for the side door in the kitchen that took me to the backyard of the mansion.

It was dark outside. A half moon hung on the sky and it was literally the only light illuminating my way. I ran faster towards the little forest. I knew I would have a better chance of hiding from them when surrounded by thick trees. Unfortunately, that also meant that the moon would be blocked out by the leaves and I could barely make out my own hand once I was inside.

I ignored the fact that I knew I was being followed. There were too many shadows moving around me. I knew they weren't just branches being tugged by the soft breeze. I was not alone.

I could hear quick steps, rustling of leaves and soft laughter carried to me by the wind. I pushed myself to run faster, though I knew it was pointless. They were all faster than I was. It was one of their supernatural abilities. Not for the first time, I wondered why I couldn't be something a little bit cooler... or more intimidating, at least, than what I was. The thought left my mind quickly. My abilities were very rare and powerful if I can learn to control them. Plus, they were all I had left of my parents. The only thing that connected me to them.