Chapter 22: Psion Training 101.

Dedicated to @HarryKeepMeHidden

_______________________________________

Chapter 22: Psion Training 101.

Skye's POV

"So I'm assuming that if I can't go back home for my safety, then I also can't go back to work, am I right?" I questioned as soon as both Harry and I went back to Louis and Liam in Zayn's living room.

"Well, that depends. Do you want the people around you to be in danger of being killed by someone trying to get to you?" Louis asked in return, whilst taking a sip from his wine glass.

"I could do without your usual level of sass, you know," I mumbled slightly irritated, as I often was with Louis. He just chuckled in response and lifted up his glass in my direction, as if toasting to what I had said.

I sat in silence and somehow it spread through the room. No one saying anything for a few minutes. Then Liam spoke.

"Where have you been Harry? I hardly ever see you anymore," Liam's tone of voice was both concerned and accusatory. I smiled.

Harry recognizing the same thing in Liam's question, actually looked sort of uncomfortable. "I'm sorry, I just been dealing with some things," he replied apologetically.

Liam's face told me that he wanted to ask what those things were but he visibly refrained himself from doing so. Louis though, was not as considerate and was opening his mouth to ask but Harry quickly spoke, effectively stopping him.

"Zayn asked me to give Skye's training a try since Frederick is not doing so well," he said. I was surprised to hear this piece of information, because we had been conversing for a good half an hour before this and he didn't mention such a thing.

"Really?"

"Yeah," Harry replied, "Let's go".

And just like that, we were walking through corridors and hallways and out into Zayn's 'backyard'. The sun was lowering in the west, maybe an hour or two till it set in the horizon. I glanced at Harry, who had sat on freshly cut grass and looked up at me expectantly, hoping for me to follow. I did, sitting cross-legged in front of him.

His green eyes were eager, maybe he was excited about training me? I didn't dwell on it.

"Did Zayn even ask you to train me, or were you just looking for an excuse to leave behind Louis' questions about your whereabouts?" I asked with an arched eyebrow. Harry's indented smile made an appearance and I sighed.

"You're not going to tell me, are you?"

Harry just shook his head, the smile unwavering.

"Ugh, fine. Whatever," I mumbled.

Harry's dimples deepened as he smiled wider.

"Let's start with your training. Being a psion means that you have supernatural brain power. Your mind is so powerful, that you can push against other people's defenses and invade their minds in search of whatever you're looking for. You did this with Zayn a few days ago, which really surprised all of us. He's pretty old and experienced, you shouldn't have been able to read his thoughts. Not without any type of training. That means your brain power is really high, even for someone with your abilities. Now, all we need is to get you to focus that energy in protecting your own mind from prying enemies".

"How do I do that? And don't tell me that I just need to concentrate and put the walls up. I've tried this with Frederick. He keeps yelling at me because I'm supposed to know when I've done it but I'm never sure about that," I replied.