Chapter 19: War is Coming.

A/N: *Please read this full author's note. It's important*

Your support for this story is starting to overwhelm me with feels. Like, I hadn't planned on updating today but I literally cannot concentrate on my Luke Hemmings story. So I decided to update this story in hopes that I can get it out of my system and I can finally update the others.

*I do have one important thing to tell you guys. It's not bad... at least I hope you don't think it's bad. I just realized something and wanted to discuss it with you guys. I know you all want Skye and Zayn to get together. And they will, that's why it's a Zayn fanfic. But this is not a romance story, the plot does not revolve around them getting together, that is not my focus. This is a supernatural story and I love action so that's what I'm going for. Their relationship will be like a secondary thing. Yes, they will have a lot of moments, GREAT moments, but again, that's not my focus. I hope you guys continue supporting this story like you've been doing until now. I do appreciate it with all of my heart <3

___________________________________________

Chapter 19: War is Coming.

Zayn's POV

The twins walked through the door, both dressed in jeans and black fitted t-shirts. Their identical facial expressions were grim. I had a really bad feeling about the information they were about to deliver.

"Zayn," they both greeted at the same time.

"Chris, Aaron," I acknowledge their greeting with a curt bow. They reciprocated it.

When they saw Skye beside me they smiled briefly at her, recognizing her instantly. Whatever they were about to comment was forgotten when Frederick, Liam, Harry, Niall and Louis walked in through the door. Even though the library was big and spacious, with all of us inside it felt crowded. I knew it was all in my head, because the room was still mostly empty, but I couldn't shake the feeling away.

"Well, if isn't the bearers of bad news in the flesh. Tell us, will seeing you guys ever bring joy and happiness or just this need to knock you both out so you stop giving us problems," this was Louis speaking. Though his tone was light and friendly, there was an obvious threat behind his words and the twins knew it as well as everyone else in the room.

The thing about Louis is that he never loses his temper, but he doesn't have to. You annoy him in the slightest way and he sheds away the joking demeanor of his and then replaces it with a deadly viciousness that I haven't seen in anyone else. There's a reason he's the alpha of the pack. You better believe people have tried to kill him to rise in status. All of them never saw the light of day again. Only a fool would take one of his threats lightly.

Both twins stayed silent and looked away from Louis' gaze. As werewolves themselves, they knew it was disrespectful for them to look the alpha in the eye; it would be deemed as a challenge, and even if they aren't exactly part of his pack, they still had to answer to him.

"Alright, Louis. That's enough intimidation for now. We need them to tell us what they know about Skye's moon-cursed attacker," I said. Louis who had been staring at the brothers, while they stared at the floor, finally eased up and with an amused chuckle went to watch the flames burning in the fireplace.

There was a moment of silence until Aaron spoke up.

"Uhm, shouldn't the lady here maybe wait outside..." he suggested.

"What? no! I have every right to be here. I'm the one who was literally this close to being werewolf food," she protested, her hands creating gestures to aid her words. I tried to suppress a smile but failed. I looked away so that no one noticed.